Options
2»

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    edited March 2023
    Options
    jrp9uc4n26cw.png
    Sara Bareilles sweet as whole is a cool song. Kind of true in some cases :)

BTW if the song sticks in your head for the day, it's not my fault.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    edited March 2023
    Options
    If it weren't for Qobuz "My Weekly Q"? I would have never even heard of her. I listen to the my weekly Q while I am out mowing the lawn, listening to the songs on a pair of BT noise cancelling headphones.

I have picked up a few gems here and there. When I first heard Sarah Belleilles, I actually stopped the mower and listened to the whole track again.

When I was done, I played her on the rig and was blown away. That recording (on my system, at least) puts you there.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Sarah has some great stuff. On Friday's while working, I go through the new releases and check out people I never heard of.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Ever listen to artists from The Great White North? Yeah, there’s April Wine, Tragically Hip and Rush . . .

Check out the whole LP

u5zylnvh748z.png

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    edited March 2023
    Options
    or, depending on your mood . . .

61c09gjdqeph.png

FWIW, pretty sure there’s no Canadian influence, as they be Swedes

https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/clint-eastwood/videos/43430100/title/favorite-movie-clips-all-time-heartbreak-ridge-swede
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    I just discovered that Qobuz has a library of demo music used by the high end audio manufacturers and recording companies at audio shows like Axpona... great stuff to be found within.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    Options
    Where do you look for this? I don't recall ever seeing this before...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    Go to the "Discover" tab, then scroll down to "The Qobuz Playlists"... there on the far right you will see a tab tagged "Hi-Fi Audio Partners".
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • GlennDog
    Options
    Thanks John!

Not sure why they keep this top secret
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    Options
    p7m4hl7zsusr.jpg

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    The song above is really special. The placement of the singers and instruments is really well done, as is the recording.

Here is another one I'd like to share. The specific song I am referring too off this album, which is great to evaluate the texture and impact of the lower registers is, "The Beat Hotel". I stumbled upon this one while listening to My Weekly Q a while back.

0odebxnkx6ll.png

I use this (not exclusively) to evaluate and adjust things when it comes to the lower frequencies. There should be no room overload, just a wonderful, clear, precise and well blended to the rest of the music effort. When you nail this, the end result is so textured and wonderful to listen too. Not only on this track but many others as well.

This hobby is a blast!

Tom
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I came across this group a few months ago. I revisited it,and wasn’t disappointed.
    ij5e6x491d35.png the pit you see is the name of that particular listening room
    See my profile for list of gear.