Thoughts on Paypal?

Options
2»

Comments

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    @heiney9

“Standard stuff”, but Paypal felt compelled to remove the verbiage, then quietly restore it again hoping no one would notice.

Yeah, that’s transparent. No reason for people to question this activity.

Quit complaining about people’s curiosity.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,650
    Options
    Like descriptions of items for sale that are totally inaccurate, deceiving and outright lies. That's how I'm reading it.

Personally I hadn't thought of that angle. Makes sense though.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Our local TV news explained that the PayPal rule is intended to allow them to take funds back from a fraudulent seller. If someone misrepresents what they are selling, they have the right to get the money back from them. The wording is confusing, but that's supposedly what they were saying.

Yes, I agree with that. Buttt, with PayPal they take the buyer's word at face value, and do zero to validate the claim. Thus **** the honest seller.