My final speaker for the long term

Options
2

Comments

  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Just stick with the Magico speakers that you have.

    I bet I could
    There is something I hear that I was hoping to improve on… hard to describe
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,684
    Options
    Get an Audioquest Niagara 5000 or 7000.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Get an Audioquest Niagara 5000 or 7000.

    Someday
    I probably need to split the digital and analog side
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,684
    Options
    Great a real streamer while you're at it.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,672
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I would give that guy one chance to go back to the agreed price, then I would ghost him until he came back to $39.5.

    I’d imagine that whatever he’s planning to get went up slightly, so he’s trying to cover the difference. But if he needs those funds to make something happen, every day you don’t respond will feel like a week to him if there aren’t any other serious prospects.

    if I lose the desire, I’ll leave the unit alone

    bpsd7ttfwkn7.jpg


  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    Options
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »


    The one thing I remember about the Magico S5 mkII that I listened to at the '16 AXPONA show was the high level of clarity and precision. Its was like the room before it had fog in the air. Incredible speakers as they should be at the given price point.

    s2hgxiwjjxwa.jpg


    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »


    The one thing I remember about the Magico S5 mkII that I listened to at the '16 AXPONA show was the high level of clarity and precision. Its was like the room before it had fog in the air. Incredible speakers as they should be at the given price point.

    s2hgxiwjjxwa.jpg


    I am in talks with the s5mk2
    We are close to a deal

    Meanwhile, the m2 owner must be off his rocker. He’s asking 10k more now that I agreed to his 39,500 price. What a weirdo.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,684
    Options
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    Options
    It’s too bad the one in looking at isn’t white like that one
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • newbie308
    Options
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    WLDock wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »


    The one thing I remember about the Magico S5 mkII that I listened to at the '16 AXPONA show was the high level of clarity and precision. Its was like the room before it had fog in the air. Incredible speakers as they should be at the given price point.

    s2hgxiwjjxwa.jpg


    I am in talks with the s5mk2
    We are close to a deal

    Meanwhile, the m2 owner must be off his rocker. He’s asking 10k more now that I agreed to his 39,500 price. What a weirdo.

    Honestly, I don't think he wants to sell them.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,748
    Options
    xsmi wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    WLDock wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »


    The one thing I remember about the Magico S5 mkII that I listened to at the '16 AXPONA show was the high level of clarity and precision. Its was like the room before it had fog in the air. Incredible speakers as they should be at the given price point.

    s2hgxiwjjxwa.jpg


    I am in talks with the s5mk2
    We are close to a deal

    Meanwhile, the m2 owner must be off his rocker. He’s asking 10k more now that I agreed to his 39,500 price. What a weirdo.

    Honestly, I don't think he wants to sell them.

    Yep walk away
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    Options
    xsmi wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    WLDock wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »


    The one thing I remember about the Magico S5 mkII that I listened to at the '16 AXPONA show was the high level of clarity and precision. Its was like the room before it had fog in the air. Incredible speakers as they should be at the given price point.

    s2hgxiwjjxwa.jpg


    I am in talks with the s5mk2
    We are close to a deal

    Meanwhile, the m2 owner must be off his rocker. He’s asking 10k more now that I agreed to his 39,500 price. What a weirdo.

    Honestly, I don't think he wants to sell them.

    Yeah
    Then don’t post it for sale
    That’s very aggravating
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    Options
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    Options
    The guy with m2 seriously needs to reevaluate his listing. I offered him 39.5, his asking at the beginning of the month since his speaker has not sold for 6 months. I am sure it’s related to the poor macroeconomics going on. Not sure where the 10k price jump comes from. Very irritating.

    The guy with the s5mk2, we have compromised on a final price. If the m2 doesn’t come around, the s5mk2 will be finalized, and we can work on the LTL.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,563
    Options
    offer him $38.5
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,218
    Options
    Very possible the m2 guy isn't selling magico speakers
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,563
    Options
    Seems fishy indeed.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Joey, go with the S5 MkIIs and don't look back.

    I assume you still have the Boulder...Boulder and Magico are a heavenly match made in heaven (I know I said it twice but honestly, an ARC Reference series tube pre, Boulder amp, and Magico S5 MkIIs would be the end of my audio journey for those parts of the chain).

    Then it comes down to finding the perfect source(s) and I could retire to a treehouse in Costa Rica and live happily ever after.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Joey, go with the S5 MkIIs and don't look back.

    I assume you still have the Boulder...Boulder and Magico are a heavenly match made in heaven (I know I said it twice but honestly, an ARC Reference series tube pre, Boulder amp, and Magico S5 MkIIs would be the end of my audio journey for those parts of the chain).

    Then it comes down to finding the perfect source(s) and I could retire to a treehouse in Costa Rica and live happily ever after.

    Dual arc Ref 10s into the Boulder
    I have the vpi and Emm for sources

    I just heard a local Lampizator Pacific today as a consideration for the next digital source
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,684
    edited November 2022
    Options
    What's weird is that you don't list your entry-level Bluesound streamer in your signature.
    Post edited by Clipdat on
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    What's weird is that you don't list your entry-level Bluesound streamer in your signature.

    Haha
    Yeah it’s so subpar but it’s something that actually doesn’t sound too bad

    Most of the real digital I do is via the transport

    I only use the blue sound for tidal to check out new artists. Honestly it doesn’t sound bad.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,684
    Options
    I just want to grab you by the shoulders and shake you.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Haha
    I think part of the reason is the emm takes really good care of the sound via even the streamer and the table is a notch or 2 above that.
    I’ll upgrade the streamer when funds allow, but right now I don’t listen to the streamer unless just trying to get an idea of what’s out there. Serious listening is done w LP
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    Options
    Spoke to the guy selling the s5mk2 tonight. On the phone.

    Crazy what different stratospheres some people are in.

    Custom green Magico M6, custom accuphase amps, dedicated room. $220,000 speakers just like that. Likes Zyx Universe carts… so he bought 6 of them just like we buy lightbulb back ups.

    41yo, venture capitalist.

    Totally different worlds.

    I told him I appreciate people like him who push the state of the art. Makes it easier for the rest of the audiophile community who benefit from trickle down.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,532
    Options
    Joey, I get you there. I know someone who spent $380,000.00 just to fly three acousticians into their home and offer their assessments on what was needed to optimize their system. While not cheap at all to most people? He didn't even blink an eye over it.

    BTW and on a completely different note....a while ago, I jumped on your case for no good reason. I'd like to publicly apologize for that and ask you for your forgiveness, if you would be so kind to allow it. Admittedly, I was completely out of line and for that? I offer you my sincerest apologies.

    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    edited November 2022
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Joey, I get you there. I know someone who spent $380,000.00 just to fly three acousticians into their home and offer their assessments on what was needed to optimize their system. While not cheap at all to most people? He didn't even blink an eye over it.

    BTW and on a completely different note....a while ago, I jumped on your case for no good reason. I'd like to publicly apologize for that and ask you for your forgiveness, if you would be so kind to allow it. Admittedly, I was completely out of line and for that? I offer you my sincerest apologies.

    Tom

    Hey Tom

    I just got out of work, saw this and digested your post. It makes me glad that we could let things go. I am sure I am at some fault for our disagreement as well. We are all getting too old to hold grudges. No reason to do so in our hobby. Last thing I think is needed is a measuring stick for components, who owns what, who spent what, etc…. if that’s the goal, then be ready for disappointment as there’s always bigger fish in the sea.

    The purpose of the forums is to share insight, celebrate each others’ acquisitions, and be part of a bigger community in such an otherwise isolated hobby. This was the main reason I made it a point to form and keep a local club in Dallas alive.

    I apologize also for my part of the wrongful interaction between us, I thank you for letting us bury the hatchet. I admit that our argument was not my favorite part of my experience on the forums but I can see how things may have led to that. I am cognizant enough to have known that for a while now there are people out there who don’t like my presence because of preconceived notions and what they see posted etc… and I get that. Sometimes my exuberance and excitement over a product acquisition can come off misconstrued as bragging so I totally get the flak… but I can’t help just being a plain sucker for the hobby and have been since my wife (who was my girlfriend at the time) bought me a set of Klipsch Promedias in college 20 years ago. I would just chalk my presence up as another data point in the large sea of audiophilia, I post because maybe someone out there finds it helpful in some way or another… and the reason I stick around here is because I have a warm spot for Polk since my Lsi7 and 9s.

    But I’m glad we can get over that disagreement.

    I saw you got new speakers, that’s a superb catch, I hope you find what you’re looking for man. Take care and see you around the forums!





    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,529
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Well… local dealer contacted me, offering a pretty decent deal on a demo m2 with full warranty. Argh… just when I thought of going s5mk2, I get pulled another direction. Still not as good as the used at 39.5.

    https://media.tenor.com/AaHymAlzJKoAAAAC/just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in.gifkk963cwf3h91.gif
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,104
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

    I just heard a local Lampizator Pacific today as a consideration for the next digital source

    In a word “Horizon” . . . well within TLWs budget and Such Good Sound!

    In 2 words .... Dooo iiitttt!!!

    I’m seriously contemplating going up the Lampi food chain... GOD help me!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12