Tri-Vista & Audioquest Thunderbird

Options
I have made a few changes in my rig over the past few months. 1st. Doing this on my cell so excuse misspelled things.

I replaced the T+A Integrated for a Tri-Vista. Now, off the bat, I am not saying one is better then the other since they both have some amazing qualities to them and are built wonderfully but, on my 6' tall 200 lb. Tyler Highland H2, they seem to do better with the higher current and more power of the Tri-Vista.

Bass is close but, with the Tri-Vista, it allowed a bit more on the bottom end.

Width and depth, the Tri-Vista again seemed a bit more wider and deeper. It opened the Tyler's up a bit. Also a but more up front. The soundstage seem to move up a couple of rows.

Clarity is a very close tie. Both Integrateds pull a lot of detail out of the music. I listen for things in the background like Elton John Leavon, the piano in the beginning, you can hear him hit the foot pedal clearly or in Dave Brubeck take 5 you can hear them moving around in the back.

Top end, the Tri-Vista seem to have a hair more sizle on top. Not harsh or a anything but a bit more open.

I would still recommend the T+A integrated to anyone but, if you have 200lb multi driver speakers that even though at 4 ohm rating look efficient on paper, the extra current from the Tri-Vista just seems to be a better match with the Tyler's. Not gonna lie, I will miss the Loudness button and bass and treble controls on the T+A for poorly mastered album.

I then changed my RCA from High Fidelity Reveal to Wireworld Thunderbird. After they were broken in, there was just more of everything. More detail, more bass, mid, top, even deeper soundstage but, the tonality also improved quite a bit. Even though it was more of everything, it was very balanced and excellent tone to them. It took about 100 hour mark for me for the Tbird to come into their own. Wile it sounds like a long time, the Reveal was 350+++hours.

Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 speaker cables that I thought were amazing got replaced with the AudioQuest thunderbird zero speaker cables. To me, retail on both are the same so the playing field is the same. I was not expecting the difference to be that noticeable but OMG it was.
I had to redo my subwoofer settings! Same as the RCA, more of everything but, still balanced. There was also an uptick in volume on the RCA'S and again on the speaker cables hence I had to change my Rythmik sub settings.

Thanks to all who helped push me over the edge on buying this stuff. Skip was a big part of the change but @tratliff was the other one who pushed me over the edge.

Coming soon to replace the PS Audio detect and 9 foot Cullen Crossover II ( great power cord for the $ btw)
Audioquest Niagara 5000. I heard the difference at skips the other weekend and again, shocked at the difference with that in and out of the rig.

Other parts of the system, tp-link deco 6e using a SBOOSTER power supy, EtherREGEN using a TeraDak power supply, Innuos Zen, Wireworld Platinum Usb, w4s recovery, Boarder Patrol se-i. Also the umbilical on the tri-vista was replacing with RAL( thanks F1) and using a Cullen Crossover II power cord on it. The difference on the Crossover II and the stock power cord was night and day especiallyon the bottom end and midrange. Same with the RAL umbilical cords. Just when I think the rig can't get any better, Boom a cable change or tweek change makes a big difference. All changes were done one at a time so I could hear the difference. When I put the old cables back in, I could immediately hear the difference.

Going to be trying out a RAL usb cable soon as it shipps as well as RAL Ethernet cable.
Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    I then changed my RCA from High Fidelity Reveal to Wireworld Thunderbird.

That Wireworld Thunderbird must be a very rare bird......

🤔
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    Sounds like you are making great progress. The Niagara will be a nice addition.

What power cable did you decide on?
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • tratliff
    Options
    And I forgot. You are welcome with helping spend your money. 😀
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I then changed my RCA from High Fidelity Reveal to Wireworld Thunderbird.

That Wireworld Thunderbird must be a very rare bird......

🤔

LOL. Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8. AQ is the tbird.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »

I left it is skips hands. I will find out Tuesday. :)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    As a FYI, Cullen Cable merged with Wyred4Sound and now sells his cables exclusively through their site under their name (and at a higher price than what I remember but that could just be inflation rearing it’s head).
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejade
    Options

Thunder is what came.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Nice Brian, you've made leaps and bounds in the last few years. Awesome..
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    Options
    onx7ir8cdgc7.jpg
    hauhmozzyq1v.jpg
    vgmbex65mfke.jpg
  • erniejade
    Options
    The Niagara 5000 and Thunder power cord is in. The construction on the power cables are impressive. This weekend I will redo the rack to accommodate the Niagara.
  • tratliff
    Options
    You are in for a treat.
  • tratliff
    Options
    Did you get a new power cable for the tri-vista?
  • tratliff
    Options
    Well, how is it sounding?
  • erniejade
    Options
    Darker background, more music, clear sound. It has made quite a bit of a difference. You don't realize how much floor noise you think you don't have until you get a device like this. If I had a dedicated line, I don't know if the difference would have been as dramatic as it was but, after about 3 hours on it, I replugged in the Detect and re-listened to an album. It was not just my imagination. The wife heard the difference. She even said there is just more of everything while still keeping it all in balance. I have been listening to it all day while smoking some meat. I would totally recommend the Niagara 5000 to anybody in the market in this price range. I have kept it on all weekend so I know its not fully burned in. I don't think it could sound any better with more time on it but from what I have read on both the Thunder and the 5000, they will improve even more.

On the Tri-Vista, I am currently using a Cullen Crossover II and RAL umbilical cords. Also using a Crossover II on the Innuos zen as well. Might be time to change them out as well. The Cullen Crossover II is still a great cable btw but, while I am at it, I might as well go full loom.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    It's amazing what one can hear when they no longer hear what they heard before.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • erniejade
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

That is for sure. Listening to The 1975 Human Too, the voices that came out in the beginning of the song, I originally thought it was my neighbors being loud until the music kicked in. I actually paused it and played it back.
  • tratliff
    Options
    Sounds like what I found also.

I recently purchased Roger Waters Amused to Death from AP on vinyl. Give it a listen.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options

I recently purchased Roger Waters Amused to Death from AP on vinyl. Give it a listen.

I can’t imagine that on systems like you guys have. It’s fantastic on my system.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tratliff
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »

I can’t imagine that on systems like you guys have. It’s fantastic on my system.

Stop on by. You are welcome to listen!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

Tom

That is for sure. Listening to The 1975 Human Too, the voices that came out in the beginning of the song, I originally thought it was my neighbors being loud until the music kicked in. I actually paused it and played it back.

Dig that when it happens ... and thankfully it’s happening mo’ often 🥳
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • erniejade
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TjYJaIvqToo

This video is for the 1200. At skips, he did do a comparison between the 1200 and the 3000 and everyone in the room heard a difference. The leap between the 1200 and the 5000 is huge but yes, you pay a bit more for it but, if your system is revealing enough, you will hear a difference.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    What sub or subs are you using?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • erniejade
    Options
    What sub or subs are you using?

Tom

Me? Rrythmik F12 Closest sound I could find to my old Velodyne spl1200. Sharp, fast, quick, not sloppy and can hit hard.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Congrats on your Niagara 5k Brian!
  • erniejade
    Options

Listed to it on Qobuz. They have a high res version. I forgot how good that album was. Besides the basson it, man the voices come out of the woodwork on that one.
  • erniejade
    Options
    The wife and I were doing our normal Saturday AM coffee and music. She made me stop the album we were listening to 6 times because she thought someone was talking outside and heard noises that she thought were coming from outside on Rufus Wainwright Poses album. She definitely hears the difference on things.

Sorry, I am still excited and enjoying the heck out of this rig. On a side note
    ncb7qylpstjt.jpg

The Beatles covers and other music on here sounds freaking awesome.