McDonald's sandwich size

Whent to McDonald's and ordered a double cheeseburger and filet of fish . The double cheeseburger patties have shrunk since last week. The patties were as thick as white castle burgers. And the filet of fish has shrunk a lot. Lost me as a customer.

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,523
    Your heart thanks you! 😅😜👍

Haven't ate at McDonald's in over a decade, pretty sure I'm not missing anything

Also been 90 days since I have had any fast food as the prices and quality is incredibly poor
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,467
    I used to like McDonald's for sausage-egg-cheese breakfast biscuits but it's been many years since I bothered with them. I can whip up something better and way less expensive at home in ten minutes. The last burger I had from McDonald's was awful. Tasted like oversalted death.

:s
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,182
    McDonalds is horrible
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,362
    The only thing MickyD is good for is a bathroom break while on the road.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,169
    McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, can drop off the face of the planet, and never be missed..
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    Chick-Fil-A is the only fast food joint that is worth a damn
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,467
    I will get a burger from Five Guys occasionally. Mostly at the airport to load up because I don't eat once I'm airborne.
  • Toolfan66
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Chick-Fil-A is the only fast food joint that is worth a damn

I agree, but I do like IN N OUT's Animal Style burgers, and Canes..
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,234
    My issue with IN/OUT is no jalapeno

Gotta have the Jalapeno, Bacon, cheese burger or I'm out
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,577
    5l0jacllm59h.jpg My daughter loves Mcds. She sent me this last week. Crazy for a burger & toys for adults, what next for marketing scam. I haven't ate at Mcds since my wife would get her food when she was a kiddo. Last time I ate there I had terrible cramps & I paid dearly for it too. I buy a pound of burger & make 2 1/2lbs patties & my own fixings & with REAL cheese. My stomach bulges out & I'm happy as a pig in mud after.
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 646
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    My issue with IN/OUT is no jalapeno

Gotta have the Jalapeno, Bacon, cheese burger or I'm out

They ain't jalapeños, but they fit the bill.pzuq6yuhezay.jpg
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,493
    A definitive answer to the question, "Does size matter?"
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    Whataburger. I don't care about Chick-fil-a.
    They line up up a mile long by 11:00 a.m.
    The chicken isn't that good to wait an hour
    in line.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,435
    I’ve tried In and Out a few times, and honestly I just don’t get it. I know I’m in the minority here, but their burgers just don’t do it for me. We have a local chain here in northern Utah called Crown Burger - now THEY make a savory burger. Not cheap though, as a bacon cheese burger, fries and a drink will run you about $16 - but we’ll worth it…
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• txcoastal1
    Whataburger, Smash Burger, Red Robin, Freddy's

I really like Smash Burger...just not enough around
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,362
    The Sunshine Burger...you ain't lived until you've had one.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,284
    daddyjt Posts: 1,774
    8:10PM
    I’ve tried In and Out a few times, and honestly I just don’t get it. I know I’m in the minority here, but their burgers just don’t do it for me.

Walked to one when I was in Dallas. I'm with you, it was the greasiest fast food I have ever had. I'm sure I lost 6yrs of my life from that one meal.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,735
    You need Dick's. Anyone in the PNW knows what I'm talking about.

Hold the jokes..
  • txcoastal1
    You need Dick's.

Hold the jokes..

That's going to be hard....or would that be soft....never mind TMI...we don't want to know

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,435
    You need Dick's. Anyone in the PNW knows what I'm talking about.

Hold the jokes..

Quite possibly the best value in the world when it comes to burgers - I frequented the Lynwood location many times when I was working in Everett last year. Highly recommended!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    edited October 2022
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    You need Dick's.

Hold the jokes..

That's going to be hard....or would that be soft....never mind TMI...we don't want to know

Just watch out for the secret sauce….
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,990
    I always stop at In And Out whenever I am in L.A.

There was a Whataburger close by when I worked at The University of Florida and for a while I was going there once a week. Not bad for a chain.

When I lived in Orlando, I was less than a mile away from one of the few Cheeburger Cheeburger locations. Their name was inspired by that famous Saturday Night Live skit with John Belushi. They had a 16-ounce hamburger and if you could eat it all, they would take a Polaroid of you and put it on their "Wall of Shame". :p

I have been to a few Fuddruckers but the only location I can remember specifically was Janesville, Wisconsin, which is now closed. I just read that all of the ones in Central Florida were closed earlier this year.

I can still remember the taste of A & W hamburgers some 50+ years later. We had 2 locations close to where I grew up. For some reason, I still can't find a hamburger bun to save my life that tastes like the glorious ones I had at A & W as a child. They don't taste the same at the one A & W drive-in that still exists here an hour away.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,893
    edited October 2022
    The Culver's ain't that bad either. I have avoided MikeyD's for decades and only eat there if nothing else is available in town or around/open. Much to my disappointment, such an occasion happened about a month ago.

I ordered a double quarter pound with cheese and extra onion and ketchup. Usually when you order something that has "extra" or is a special order, they make it fresh for you (at least that was the case).

So, I get the burger and it's dried up so bad, I actually thought they gave me a regular Quarter Pounder. Seeing as how I already waited 20 minutes for the burger (2 people in line ahead of me with basically the same order), I wasn't about to wait on a fresh one, so I took a couple of bites out of it. That had to have been the driest burger I have eaten in....well, I can't even recall ever having a burger that dry. Luckily I ordered a large fry with it, and that's basically what filled my belly, as I didn't eat the burger.

I don't see how McD's is still in business......the general public's standards must have really gotten extremely low with them. The local Wendy's and McDonald's are running jokes where I live.

Now, the Sunshine store that Jesse talks about? Man, you look at it from the outside and you wonder how they are still in business. You sit down and kinda think the same thing. It's just an old, hole in the wall type joint that has no idea what "decorations" even are. Just your plain Jane, functional dive that just so happens to serve you one of the best burgers you have ever had in your life.

I live for those kinds of places and have found most of the joints like that in the area(s) I work in. Their prices (go figure) are usually LESS than fast food prices, yet they serve you some of the best food you have ever had the pleasure of your taste palette meeting.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    Home of the Quarter-pounder Coronary.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,397
    Heating beef trimmings to 100 deg F, running it through a centrifuge to remove the fat, and then sterilizing with ammonia (aka pink slime) makes the best hamburgers!

https://thecounter.org/bpi-pink-slime-ground-beef-usda-reclassifed/
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Onkyo A-8017 integrated
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • xschop
    ^^^Many a molecular biology protocol that require that treatment lol^^^
  • Toolfan66
    I will just start calling it McBidens, both are bad for your health, and here is the administration along with his son in a black and white suit.

Yeah go ahead and report it, delete it, but still funny, and sadly it's fitting...

y2lwxumb4zpn.png
  • xschop
    Where's the McLaptop?