Dropped my L200

Comments

• I'll forward this information to my friend at Polk, hang in there I'm sure it was a misunderstanding.
  • @SeleniumFalcon I don't know who you are to at Polk it must be a good contact. Today I received this. . .
    . (So on a MOST positive note, there is an order to be shipped at $0.00. Unbelievable!!!! Now I have to sort out that the CAB ASSY is walnut-Brown and not Black. I am hoping...praying the BLK does not mean Black.)

Order Number: US-SO-450605
    Ordered on October 11, 2022
    PO Number: 220929-000747

Items to be Shipped
    CAB ASSY LEGEND L200 BLK Spare
    $0.00
    $0.00
    Part Number: 999400106420K
    Model Number: RF8605-1

TWEETER LEGEND SERIES BRN Spare
    $0.00
    $0.00
    Part Number: 999320111290K
    Model Number: RD8982-1
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    BLK means black
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited October 2022
    Looks like it may be a mismatch with the original. The walnut and black versions have a different finish on the front baffles including the tweeter covers.
  • I'll let him know.
  • I have some shipment(s) coming from Polk. I will keep you posted on what arrives. I can not thank everyone enough!!!! I found a link on the Definitive Tech site about replacing the tweeter I am looking for the same for the woofer. I am so appreciative of all who commented and are following this post.
  • I did get the notification yesterday at 9:00 PM that the Black and tweeter shipped. Then at 2:11 AM I got a notification that the brown shipped. I shall keep you posted
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,133
    You got the royal treatment :*
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited October 2022
    I would be interested to see what the inside of these cabinets look like.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited October 2022
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • One box with two black cabinets, one box with two brown cabinets, and one tweeter for brown cabinet arrived. Now to swap out the tweeter and woofer. Hope I don't screw it up.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    One box with two black cabinets, one box with two brown cabinets, and one tweeter for brown cabinet arrived. Now to swap out the tweeter and woofer. Hope I don't screw it up.

Fear not.
    You got this!

:)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Now to swap out the tweeter and woofer.

Easy.

And the other stuff inside the cabinet. Or is that already included?

:D
  • F1nut
    edited October 2022
    One box with two black cabinets, one box with two brown cabinets, and one tweeter for brown cabinet arrived. Now to swap out the tweeter and woofer. Hope I don't screw it up.

So, if I understand correctly you only needed one brown cabinet and a tweeter.

You are going to return the extra cabinets, right? Someone else down the road will be in your situation and need a cabinet.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Removing the plate over the tweeter is tricky. It's held on with double sided tape. Use a very thin plastic device to gently pry around the edges. To remove the driver gently pry the trim ring off.

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    The unused cabinets are easy to send back. I am willing to bet that Polk will even send you a return label.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Only took a quick peak at one of the cabinets. I think the cross over and wiring are already in them.

Of course, I will contact Polk to have the used items returned.

I should have time this weekend to the swap over.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    If the XO and wiring are in the replacement cabinets... that's terrific.
    We are pulling for you @scottpscott and an excellent outcome for you.
    This could well be a hallmark of outstanding customer service, which is a boost that Polk's CS reputation could probably use!
  • nooshinjohn
    Ready to see some pictures of the swap... inside the cabinets, crossover pics, etc.... what's taking so long?

• Life is getting in the way. Work, Phillies game, bought a new car, put a radio in my truck. Retiring from work so cleaning out the office. All gear from work where the speakers were located were brought home tonight. Got side tracked on the way home and bought a new SUV. So had to transfer all items from old suv to the new one in the parking lot. Ugh. Still trying to work out with Polk to return the black cabinets. Hoping to have time Sunday. Pics to follow.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Pony up and pay the piper! If ya dance to the music, don’t ya know ya gotta pay to the Piper! Geeze !!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    I have R200's and was thinking of buying replacement x-overs from Polk and populating those with upgraded parts. I am not that proficient with soldering any longer as it's been a long time since I've done it consistently.

This way if I mess them up I still have the originals in the speakers.

I assume Polk would sell the x-overs for the R200's separately?

@VR3 would you do a pair of modded R200 x-overs?

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • VR3
    Appreciate you tagging me. The answer to that of course is yes. The way I decided to approach mods a long time ago can make it cost prohibited. I pretty much only do repairs and full on from scratch ptp mods anymore for a variety of reasons but it makes the cost more than just changing caps and resistors on the board.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    VR3 wrote: »
    Appreciate you tagging me. The answer to that of course is yes. The way I decided to approach mods a long time ago can make it cost prohibited. I pretty much only do repairs and full on from scratch ptp mods anymore for a variety of reasons but it makes the cost more than just changing caps and resistors on the board.

We'll talk soon. I am really thinking a full VR3 crossover would be great!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • VR3
    Sounds good! Can just go ahead and drop a L200 crossover in there :p