Pink Floyd, Animals 2018 Remix

Options
2»

Comments

• Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Well, my Deluxe Box came in on Sunday. I listened to the discs that afternoon and just finished listening to the LP. I'm very pleased with this investment especially because I got my pre-order in just under the wire with amazon for 56.00 bucks.

This remix was very well done and the packaging for the LP, CD, DVD and BR is top notch. The SACD is worth investing in also. To my ears, the LP sounds a bit more organic vs. the discs, but as a whole, every format sounds exceptional.

With the blu-ray disc, you're able to do a direct comparison to the 2018 remix and the original 1977 album in hi-rez. In all honesty, I'm with several other people when I tell ya's, I prefer the original cut over the remix. Not that the 2018 remix is bad or anything, but quite the contrary, it's an excellent mix. I suppose it's because I'm a kid from that era, I'm old school and simply prefer the original product. It's a much darker mix and sounds more fitting to the dark material of the album. The 2018 remix is still an awesome record and I'm pleased with my purchases.

So, that's Mike LeKeiko's honest and most humble review of Pink Floyd's, Animals 2018 Remix. If anyone was waiting on reviews before buying, that's my .02ç.

Rock Steady! :)
  • Keiko
    Options
    Well, my Deluxe Box came in on Sunday. I listened to the discs that afternoon and just finished listening to the LP. I'm very pleased with this investment especially because I got my pre-order in just under the wire with amazon for 56.00 bucks.

This remix was very well done and the packaging for the LP, CD, DVD and BR is top notch. The SACD is worth investing in also. To my ears, the LP sounds a bit more organic vs. the discs, but as a whole, every format sounds exceptional.

With the blu-ray disc, you're able to do a direct comparison to the 2018 remix and the original 1977 album in hi-rez. In all honesty, I'm with several other people when I tell ya's, I prefer the original cut over the remix. Not that the 2018 remix is bad or anything, but quite the contrary, it's an excellent mix. I suppose it's because I'm a kid from that era, I'm old school and simply prefer the original product. It's a much darker mix and sounds more fitting to the dark material of the album. The 2018 remix is still an awesome record and I'm pleased with my purchases.

So, that's Mike LeKeiko's honest and most humble review of Pink Floyd's, Animals 2018 Remix. If anyone was waiting on reviews before buying, that's my .02ç.

Rock Steady!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbCOT8_ru4Y
  • Keiko
    Options

Rock Steady!

• Keiko
    Options

Rock Steady!

• Keiko
    Options

Rock Steady!

• Keiko
    Options

Rock Steady!

• Keiko
    Options

Rock Steady!

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,623
    Options
    Hey Mike did your deluxe box set come in?
    😂😂😂
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Mike got his fingers stuck in the keyboard
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    Options
    Mike is now experiencing and entranced with Animals in its new Super Deluxe Septophonic version.

Rock on.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,016
    Options
    Bahahaaaaa….
    Made me raf
  • Keiko
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Mike got his fingers stuck in the keyboard

Wow! What the heck happened with the multiple posts? Not my doing, I assure ya's. Lol!

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,947
    Options
    My box set will be here Friday, looking forward to seeing it, but I have no time to mess with it anytime soon unfortunately. My SACD is still sitting next to my stereo rig. :(
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,167
    Options
    I'm tempted but I think I'm gonna wait for the 2024 Remix ;)

Pretty sure it’ll Trump em all! 😉
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,623
    Options
    What a fun video! Crazy ....I like it!
  • Keiko
    Options

So ya, thought ya, might like to go to the show. . . ;)
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »

Got my popcorn 🍿 and the shows been on! It’s Just gonna get hot in a few weeks and really catch fire in 24😊🇺🇸
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Keiko
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »

Got my popcorn 🍿 and the shows been on! It’s Just gonna get hot in a few weeks and really catch fire in 24😊🇺🇸

We bring it! WWG1WGA :)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,947
    Options
    Wish I had time to play!!

a39wm5n3qt4m.jpeg
    6jxqtrnu2sxa.jpeg

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,700
    Options
    Battersea Power Station opened to the public today for the first time in 40 years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-63234124

al2zj8wvoea2.jpg

mvooe8hm2zx3.jpg
  • Keiko
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Wish I had time to play!!

a39wm5n3qt4m.jpeg
    6jxqtrnu2sxa.jpeg

Make time, bro. :)