Pink Floyd, Animals 2018 Remix

Options
Keiko
Keiko Posts: 764
edited September 2022 in Music & Movies
I've been hearing good things about this remix and thinking about pulling the trigger on a vinyl copy. Has anyone here heard it yet?

i6su38vs58om.jpg

Comments

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    I have had my eye on it. Animals is a top 10 for me. It just appears to me the vinyl is not what this release is about.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I have the sacd on preorder and should ship this month. Sorry not the remix
  • Keiko
    Options
    WagnerRC wrote: »

Had no idea this was coming out on SACD. Cool!
  • Keiko
    edited September 2022
    Options

Right on on the SACD. I just put the Deluxe Box Set on preorder, amazon-56.00. Acoustic Sound and Elusive Disc has them priced at 100.00. Now's the time to preorder on amazon to get the lowest price, I believe. Thanks for the heads-up, Wagner on the Super Audio. This is going to be a very nice box set indeed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B49SSN9H/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    Vinyl no. Blu Ray yes.
    I think it's a winner.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Didn't Pink Floyd use a "Quad" set-up for one or more of their concerts on their Animals tour?

I took a quick look on the web. YUP. I found answers. Looks like they used Quad at a lot of concerts over the years.

Also...I think I read "Live in Pompii, the concert" had a 5.0 recording going on for the video to be released later.

Wikipedia:
    Pink Floyd were pioneers in the live music experience, renowned for their lavish stage shows that combine intense visual experiences with music to create a show in which the performers themselves are almost secondary. Pink Floyd's combination of music and visuals set the standard for rock musicians. As well as visuals, Pink Floyd set standards in sound quality with innovative use of sound effects and panning quadrophonic speaker systems.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    I just ordered the Blu Ray hi res version for $20. Seems to have the 2018 remix surround version as well as the original version in high res stereo.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Keiko
    Options
    I've shared this before several years ago. This was only available on the 8-Track version back in 77. So for those that missed it, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3po6131Opko
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Options
    Sacd just arrived, will be listening tonight!
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    o3wzflzmcci1.jpg

It arrived the Blu Ray I've listened to the LP original mix, then the CD of the 2018 mix which I picked up at Barnes and Nobel the other Day then the original mix on CD to get a taste of the differences the new mix definitely has a different sound still prefer the original LP the best out of these 3, however in a bit I'm fixing to try out the Blu Ray in surround which I'm thinking I should be in for a treat it just arrived and the anticipation will soon be rendered if it's as good as I've been reading the wait will have been worth it.🐖
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    Options
    vtcrewsmwcfr.jpg
    kr9blrvpkmy9.jpg
    fe250ma7hbbi.jpg

The surround mix meets my expectations wow what a great experience the video the surround the Blu Ray or the SACD is what you want.

Fantastic love this total use of all your speakers I thought the WYWH was great but this one trumps it in my opinion. You definitely catch little nuances not heard on other versions boosted low end ads to the experience.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    edited September 2022
    Options
    7yudmgdcwtrf.jpg
    1bmwx55ff2rz.jpg
    gk8yjayvh3d5.jpg
    4amewi6i6tce.jpg

This concludes this evenings Floyd fix dont think i can remember the last time I've had the ol HT rig turned up this loud but what heck I enjoyed it. The only visuals is the new industrialized look of the cover changing colors and hues but still entertaining none the less.

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Keiko
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How's the sound compared to the older mixes?

Edit: NM, just saw your note. Cool!
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Options
    Damn that was great! I'm a sucker for surround sound, but that was done as well as I've heard. Great fresh sound...recommended for anyone who likes the album or the band.
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    edited September 2022
    Options
    How about the floating pig!

Some might argue that you lose some of that in your face anger,
    but I still have the Cd for that. The years of waiting were worth it.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Options
    I was able to listen to the surround today and it was awesome. One of the better surround mixes I’ve heard in quite some time.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    edited September 2022
    Options
    You guys are going to cost me money.... Geesh 😉

I just want the Van Halen SACD's come on, I've been waiting for like....years.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,063
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »

Right on on the SACD. I just put the Deluxe Box Set on preorder, amazon-56.00. Acoustic Sound and Elusive Disc has them priced at 100.00. Now's the time to preorder on amazon to get the lowest price, I believe. Thanks for the heads-up, Wagner on the Super Audio. This is going to be a very nice box set indeed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B49SSN9H/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks for the link. Price is up to $61, but that’s a lot better than 100. Just placed my order.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I just bought the Blu-ray from amazon! I can't wait to check this out!
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    I'm tempted but I think I'm gonna wait for the 2024 Remix ;)
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Keiko
    Options
    So, while I'm waiting for my Deluxe Box Set release, I got on youtube just to kinda get a taste of the new remix. Even on yt with it's compression this thing sounds amazing. I can't wait to actually hear this in lossless. It's like an entirely different album. More robust, more textured, just amazing all around. Play this through your rig if you have the capability to do so and listen for yourself. Pure goodness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CBE6dTs5lA
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    Thanks! It's better.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
    I have the SACD coming in the mail, and I pre ordered the box set as well. Can’t wait..
  • Keiko
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I just ordered the SACD as well. Amazon's price is too much. Elusive Disc has 'em at 34.99+Shipping. Guaranteed when this goes OOP the price is gonna go up.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Just got the SACD and the lp in the mail. Busy weekend, but looking forward to checking them out.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    I bought the SACD and Bluray yesterday from acoustic sounds. Believe it or not it was cheaper to buy both. If I bought just the SACD add shipping cost and it was darn near the same price as buying both. Buying both got free shipping and the cost was $7 more than buying just the SACD alone and paying for shipping.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
    I wonder if The Wall will ever see this treatment..
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I wonder if The Wall will ever see this treatment..

I've been wondering that for years now.
  • Keiko
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I'd like to see the whole catalog get the treatment. The 2016 remasters are pretty decent IMO. I prefer my LP copy of WYWH over the SACD if you can believe that.