Alon 1 & Alon II speakers

Options
2»

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Dude, it's not like he was listing them for sale here or trying to deceive anyone. He was showing us what they look like.

The image shows one each of two different models. Even those of us who don't own Alon speakers were able to connect the dots on that.

You could simply have asked, Hey man, I have some Alon #s and I'm a fan, too.
    Mine look different, though. Can you share some photos of the tags on yours? Here's what mine look like...
    And then post photos of yours as well.

But you immediately went on an offensive instead of just asking? And then spent so much time comparing an apple to a larger apple when everyone else knows the other matching apples are off frame. Leave the guy's apples alone or you might get your apples kicked.

There's still time for you to repent.

I disabled signatures.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,190
    Options
    Audiofool drama, when the simple explanation is probably that they evolved the design during the life of that model. But the new guy just may fit in here lol.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Dude, it's not like he was listing them for sale here or trying to deceive anyone. He was showing us what they look like.

The image shows one each of two different models. Even those of us who don't own Alon speakers were able to connect the dots on that.

You could simply have asked, Hey man, I have some Alon #s and I'm a fan, too.
    Mine look different, though. Can you share some photos of the tags on yours? Here's what mine look like...
    And then post photos of yours as well.

But you immediately went on an offensive instead of just asking? And then spent so much time comparing an apple to a larger apple when everyone else knows the other matching apples are off frame. Leave the guy's apples alone or you might get your apples kicked.

There's still time for you to repent.

Exactly! There are 2 more speakers in that room. A smaller one and a larger one just like the ones in the pic I posted. Didn't think that was all that hard to realize.

But I will try to take pics tonight when I get home from work. Doesn't matter really. Supposedly have someone coming this Saturday to buy them and get them out of my house.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • msg
    Options
    I hope you listed them as the Alons they truly are - the Alon I.i Prime and Alon II.2 Limited Edition.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    And be sure to tell the new owner not to post any photos nor talk about them anywhere, ever, because Alon Vice will crack down.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Life is not this serious. You need a drink broski
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • halo71
    Options
    So I took pics last night when I got home. 1 pair as Alon I on the back and the OTHER pair say Alon II on the back. As I said before. Wolf123...I see what you are saying. That the 1 and 2 don't have the top cage that the sock pull up over. And that the ones I have look like Alon V's. But again. They say 1 and 2 on the backs of the speakers sitting in my den. I am truly sorry my thread has caused so much **** for you. But it is what it is. Please let it go now.

eecne3r4sd7c.jpg
    uop2tjyrdpze.jpg
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • msg
    edited January 17
    Options
    Wait a minute - those don't appear to even be a matched pair! And, on closer inspection, the second one doesn't even have binding posts. All Alon IIs have binding posts.
    I disabled signatures.
  • halo71
    Options
    Yep, my initial goal to to start a conspiracy theory. I actually printed those labels and stuck them on the speakers.
    --Gary--
  • msg
    Options
    lol -- I was thinking maybe you cut them out of a magazine and stuck them on with folded tape loops.
    I disabled signatures.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    \\\\ ///
    Randy/Maine
  • msg
    Options
    @halo71 -- so how'd it go selling these fakes to that dude this weekend? Hope you were able to stiff him good with those cardboard mock ups of Alons, and that his name started with a W and ends with a 3.
    I disabled signatures.
  • halo71
    Options
    He was a no show, no call. Hell I was only asking $300 for both pair. Think that's what I had in them.
    --Gary--