Options
2»

Comments

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    French_guy wrote: »
    boston1450 wrote: »
    ^^^^ I wondered that also. Maybe test center on another channel & see if it follows. Does OP know history of this center speaker OR center channel on receiver?

I bought the RTiA5 and the CSiA4 brand new, directly from Polk (it was end of 2014)
    to Frenchie: you answered Boston1450’s history question but you missed his test idea. He suggested you connect the ‘A4 to your left or right channel then listen & compare volume output to an ‘A5. Their respective sensitivities differ by a near-indiscernible 1dB. That removes a variable from the test.

If they’re loudness is nearly the same or the same, perhaps the Center channel output could be suspect.

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    I believe the issue is this candle that's sitting on top of the left speaker, it's throwing off the acoustics of the room and should be removed posthaste.
    agobpgx17580.png
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    It may also be a issue with the receiver/amplifier? Being you've owned speakers for 7 years, you know their potential. All you can do is try to single out options & hopefully stumble upon issue
    Randy/Maine