Pacific Audio Fest: AudioThesis

Our ole buddy Dskip at work.
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables by: Argento Organic Reference, Triode Wire Labs, Swiss Cables
Wireworld Spaceport

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 4,322
    Oh crap! I forgot all about this! My life has been a disaster this whole week with the heat, automotive breakdowns, the death of my brother in law yesterday. I'm just going to have to ask for a raincheck. Was hoping to meet some Polkies there.

:s
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,199
    I think that I was one of his first visitors. He’s got the room pretty dialed in and it’s one of the best sounding, IMHO.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,199
    Maybe next year, @audioluvr . Sorry about your loss.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 589
    @audioluvr - please accept my condolences
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 5,936
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Oh crap! I forgot all about this! My life has been a disaster this whole week with the heat, automotive breakdowns, the death of my brother in law yesterday. I'm just going to have to ask for a raincheck. Was hoping to meet some Polkies there.

:s

I am so sorry for your loss.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, T+A PA 1530R,Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 SC, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect , Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, WireWorld Platinum Starlight 7 USB, Border Patrol SE-I

Have but haven't used in a while: Cayin SCD50T, Technics 1200, Denon DL160.
  • erniejade
    That box they are referring to if I am not mistaken is from Caprice Audio. The person behind it is a very nice person. We hung out at Axpona. I might be wrong on the box but, I really think it is one from Caprice.

I have heard those speakers a few times and every time I have heard them, they have sounded wonderful.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, T+A PA 1530R,Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 SC, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect , Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, WireWorld Platinum Starlight 7 USB, Border Patrol SE-I

• erniejade
    https://capriceaudio.com/ Just looked it up, It is a Core from Luis of Caprice Audio

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 4,678
    Hey, my speakers!

Nevermind the fact that everything upstream from them is, let's just say, a bit more expensive than my gear :#:D
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,347
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Hey, my speakers!

Hey, my integrated!
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE's, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, Marantz SA-14s1, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Thunder Power Cable

Vintage
    Pioneer SA-9800, Pioneer TX-9800, Pioneer PL-630 w/Ortofon 2m Bronze, Technics RS-1500, PSB Imagine T2's