Well dang

VR3
VR3 Posts: 27,964
Cant turn away a good deal

c1war2wp5xa7.jpg
nqkyook9v8cv.jpg

Wilson Audio Duette will be here soon! >_<
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Do you know what audio stands he has those mounted on?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    I don't but I can ask, I know they are not wilson
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Nice!

Prob Spalding. Voit, maybe.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Are those your anti-diffraction felt pads, or were those stock on those speakers?
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Stock
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    He could *clears throught* make them.....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Hot diggity damn!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • treitz3
    Autocorrect bites sometimes. It is what it is.

Tom
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Sweet!!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • VR3
    Thanks guys, I'm pretty excited to hear them. No where really to put them but I was thinking the laundry room needed a rig
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Congrats. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited July 2022
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Autocorrect bights sometimes. It is watt it is.

Tom

Foxed that four yew.
    B)

• newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 674
    Did they come with a box of disposable bibs to keep your friend's from drooling on them? Very nice!
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Today I noticed some WA Watch surround speakers for sale here locally on FBM...asking $3,800.

am4p9aas1e0r.png

I can't imagine only using them for surround purposes, but wondering if they are worth the price. I think for use as a true high-end surround, they are supposed to wall-mounted upside down.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    Thanks guys

Those are way overpriced Jody, 2k to 2500 is the going rate I've seen for those. They use the same tweeter dome as the mezzo but a much cheaper motor
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I thought so (on both counts), thanks...and congrats to you!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    They were best up pretty good, renegotiated with the seller a fair price for their condition... I won't go into details but they were advertised as a 8 out of 10 but much closer to a 2 out of 10

Have them thrown on the desk and sound excellent, tons of bass with the 8 inch revelator woofer! Plan to reorganize the desk in the next few weeks.

v370d3ov43ma.jpg
  • treitz3
    8 out of 10? LOL He must reside in a beautiful, lakefront mansion (that's really a beat up double wide with a small pond off to the side).

Still looking forward to hearing them, regardless.

Tom
  • VR3
    I was listening last night and given they are being driven with a 50 dollar integrated they sounded quite nice. May pick up a nicer integrated in the future but really for my desk it is way more than needed haha
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    On a scale of 1-10 how well do they replicate finger cymbals?
  • VR3
    I may have a problem. I believe this will elevate finger cymbal reproduction

so8w5x20kndt.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Looks like some good tubes in that sucker. What is it and can it cook hot dogs?
  • VR3
    Ank EL34 Monoblocks with a full suite of mullards
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    VR3 wrote: »
    A full suite of mullards
    I noticed that. I had thought the Valvo labeled tubes looked like mullards from my vantage point

• VR3
    Yeah, i am pretty excited to hear them. I will try them on the Grande... 95db 1w/1m... 40 watts per channel should be fine.

Never owned a tube amp :p
  • msg
    This is exciting! I love it when Trey's on a roll outta control!
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    Duette crossover... Completely potted except resistors

bgg5qk0oaf7v.jpg