New system is up and running!

2»

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Absolutely. The RCA's made one heck of a difference so I have confidence that the Speaker cables will bring it up to the next level. The Lumin is a great piece. I am a Lumin fan from when I had the original D1
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    T-bird speaker cables are in. They need some break in time since they are right out of the bag.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,654
    erniejade wrote: »
    T-bird speaker cables are in. They need some break in time since they are right out of the bag.

@erniejade how are they sounding?
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • tratliff
    SIHAB wrote: »
    There is a space on one of the racks so you are not done. :p

I took your advice. Shelf soon to have a resident.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    tratliff wrote: »
    SIHAB wrote: »
    There is a space on one of the racks so you are not done. :p

I took your advice. Shelf soon to have a resident.

Oh boy!!.....hey now I know where Tom ( @treitz3 ) learned his dance moves

kmim8oezlobn.gif
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tratliff
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

kmim8oezlobn.gif

Yeah, that’s kinda how I was this afternoon. But have to wait for everything to be delivered.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    Can't wait to see what it is!
  • erniejade
    erniejade wrote: »

@erniejade how are they sounding?

They are sounding much better vs when I first put them into the system. They definitely neer some break in or setting in tike before they open up.
  • tratliff
    But have to wait for everything to be delivered.

Looking like @DSkip will have my next shipment on Friday. Looking forward to it.
  • erniejade
    Sweet!!!!!!!!!!

• tratliff
    My man @DSkip came thru. Here are the new toys.

Time to get to work!

fdlo60hh3vw6.jpeg

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Looking good Tom!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    4rx2jgpgbju1.png

Too soon man, too soon!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,308
    verb wrote: »
    Looking good Tom!

Unless you are talking about where I learned my stunning white boy dance moves from, it's Todd, not Tom. The two systems are probably about 1500 miles apart and in a completely different time zone.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tratliff
    edited October 2022
    I stayed up till about midnight listening. Although I think it needs more time to settle in I could immediately since the noise floor has been drastically lowered. The micro micro details are more pronounced. The layering and dynamics have taken a step up.

I spent time during the install moving components and cable management. I have been rewiring the last couple of months and thought this would be a good time to straighten it up.

I think the system is in a good spot. I need a couple of source power cables and a external DAC but that is going to have to wait for now.

Here is a snapshot of the setup.

2lwlk9j7qni1.jpeg
    Post edited by tratliff on
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,308
    It's amazing what you can hear (crystal clear) when what you heard before is no longer there.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    I wasn’t at first but am now a firm believer in what Audioquest is doing with their power centers.
  • tratliff
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I wasn’t at first but am now a firm believer in what Audioquest is doing with their power centers.

I am very happy with all the AudioQuest products I have recently purchased. DSkip and the AQ team have been tremendously helpful. In my first purchase I ordered a RCA that turned out to be to short. They took it back and had me a longer one in short order. And this was a rather expensive cable.

I can’t say enough how they all have shown a genuine interest in my purchases and the sound quality that I have gained.
  • erniejade
    Sweet!!!!!!!!!! They do neee some time to settle in. Very nice!

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,517
    Superb
    Maybe since I’m local, I can hear it sometime
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound