0-60 in 1.5 seconds - Not by a Dragster, but a Racecar

Options
CGTIII
CGTIII Posts: 1,028
Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
​Thompson Adventures, Inc.

Comments

• invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options
    A top fuel dragster can hit 100mph in .08 seconds
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I watched the Goodwood Festival of Speed all weekend. It was streamed live on YouTube. Watching this car was amazing and I knew I was witnessing something special. Two fans create 4,000 pounds of downforce to stick the car to the track. It was kicking up dust cloud like it was vacuuming the track. Plus it looks like the Batmoble. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    That dudes heart has to be 200 bpm

Super cool car
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Bumpy as h*#l ride but that take off... :o

I can see why a professional driver was needed to drive that little beast.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,760
    Options
    invalid wrote: »

Safe bet you meant .8 seconds.... B)
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I remember the Chaparral from the 70's and how it was outlawed.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a32350/jim-hall-chaparral-2j-history/

Hope the one they build to street use looks better than that one.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    I remember the Chaparral from the 70's and how it was outlawed.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a32350/jim-hall-chaparral-2j-history/

Hope the one they build to street use looks better than that one.

They joked they could drive it on the wall if they let the skirts down far enough. Great story and sad about the cancer / suicide part. . Thanks for sharing this story.

So the car was too good to be competed against so it was outlawed just like the Dodge Daytona was. >:)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • CGTIII
    Options
    It must have to avoid dirt or sand or it'd make a cloud, pebbles or rubber bits a hailstorm, wreckage debris ... goodbye downforce.

• invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options
    gmcman wrote: »
    invalid wrote: »

Safe bet you meant .8 seconds.... B)

You are correct
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    The typical F1 car goes from 0-100/100-0 in 3.2 seconds. At 150 mph it will generate around 1600kgs of downforce and around 1800kgs at 200 mph. Technically, they could drive upside down at speed. Best of all, no clouds of dust spewing out the rear.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    My 2020 Charger can hit 0-60 in 3.5 seconds
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • VR3
    Options
    My Prius goes 0 to 60 in 10 seconds, just throwing that in there for good measure
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    I once hit a parked car because I was staring at an attractive woman while making a right hand turn.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    My Prius goes 0 to 60 in 10 seconds, just throwing that in there for good measure

Is that full battery or quarter full?
  • VR3
    Options
    Prius being a hybrid, if you floor it, it's all gas engine At that point
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Prius being a hybrid, if you floor it, it's all gas engine At that point

Flew right past ya pal.....
  • VR3
    Options
    Given that I drive a prius, that's a given 😁
  • CGTIII
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The typical F1 car goes from 0-100/100-0 in 3.2 seconds. At 150 mph it will generate around 1600kgs of downforce and around 1800kgs at 200 mph. Technically, they could drive upside down at speed. Best of all, no clouds of dust spewing out the rear.

But on many tracks/courses (including this one) an F1 car often isn't at speed for optimal downforce.
    All due respect to F1, but the right tool for the task, as they say...

Here's the comparison vid: McMurtry vs F1 | Old record vs new record | Festival of Speed 2022

• F1nut
    Options
    While I think the McMurty is an engineering feat with all that dust spewing out the back there's no way one could race a group of those as every car behind the leader will suffer from the dust/debris. Bottom line, it's not a practical race car.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    While I think the McMurty is an engineering feat with all that dust spewing out the back there's no way one could race a group of those as every car behind the leader will suffer from the dust/debris. Bottom line, it's not a practical race car.

I believe that was one of the arguments against the Chaparral 2J, among others.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CGTIII
    edited July 2022
    Options
    While I think the McMurty is an engineering feat with all that dust spewing out the back there's no way one could race a group of those as every car behind the leader will suffer from the dust/debris.

That's the case with all off-road racing and every track that isn't kept meticulously groomed.
    Bottom line, it's not a practical race car.

Anyone else think "practical race car" is an oxymoron?

Reporter: Why do you race sir?
    Racer: Well, Martha and thought about it for 50 years, prayed about it, consulted our pastor, the elders, and numerous fortune cookies. All agreed the most *practical* thing we could do with our remaining time and money was pour it all into a race car.

• F1nut
    edited July 2022
    Options
    That's the case with all off-road racing and every track that isn't kept meticulously groomed.
    Ummm....that dog don't hunt.
    Anyone else think "practical race car" is an oxymoron?
    That dog is dead.

President of Club Polk