PolkFest 2022 ..... Oct 7-9 North Charleston SC

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
Folks,

This is coming up quicker than you think!!!

Those are THE dates....it's Columbus Day weekend...

I'll post a thread in the Gatherings section this week but just get it on your radar!

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    I'm there!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    In like Flynn. Lookin' forward to it!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    Options
    You guys are a sure thing......

What about the rest of you guys? Thoughts?

Yes? No! Maybe??

I assure you, it's a good time!
  • VR3
    Options
    @F1nut you have to make it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    Options
    The official thread is UP!!

The FEST IS ON!!
  • TroyD
    Options
    Crickets, man.

CRICKETS.

Get excited. Get involved.......but, seriously, just a couple short months away so if you are considering it......lets get the conversation started and for my planning purposes, trying to gauge what to expect. I have also reached out to Polk so obviously the more chatter here about it, the more value they see in participating and supporting it.
  • VR3
    Options
    Let's do this!
    L
  • TroyD
    Options
    ....and I don't care if it's just me, Sid and Tom.

It's on!!
  • VR3
    Options
    Bump

@CarlJacobson_POLK let's make this a sticky
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Would love to attend but these are the days bow season starts

Time to put meat in the freezer
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    Options
    If you build it, they will come.........sounds a little orgyish, but whatever.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • TroyD
    Options
    We are inside two months!!!

C'mon guys, get planning!!!
  • VR3
    Options
    Contemplating bringing the Wilson Duette and ank mono blocks
  • TroyD
    Options
    SWEET!!!!

Ok, gang....if you want to hear the L800's and other stellar gear....eat good food and hang out with great folks...this is your event!

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Sounds like a blast but it's a 16.5hr drive from my place each way. No go
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

Dang you're closer to me than I thought.......I'd better move!
    B)
  • VR3
    Options

totally doable
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

B)

I think you should move too... ;)
  • txcoastal1
    Options

B)

100 years of commercial airlines and you guys act like you have to ride horse back
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• TroyD
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I know, right?

I am literally less than 10 minutes from the Charleston International Airport...

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

B)

100 years of commercial airlines and you guys act like you have to ride horse back

I'd love to move up to a horse. ATM I'm still riding an Arkansas Razorback and he's one grumpy fellow...
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Am I invited, or will I be lynched by the mob?

When it comes to audio, we set all differences aside. Bud @BlueFox came down to one of Skips gatherings here in Texas. Handful of us had dinner, drinks and plenty of fun...

Bud even road in my gas guzzling truck

Come on down!!

• TroyD
    Options
    Of course, it's an open forum invite.....
  • VR3
    Options
    Bumpski
  • Nex
    Nex Posts: 36
    Options
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    The lack of interest is actually surprising to me. We have literally had 50-60 people show up to audio events like this and this time around....crickets. It's simply surprising to me.

If you take a look at all of the previous PF threads, all of the pics, all of the commentary, it becomes quite obvious that everyone who attends has a great time. Everyone lets loose, gets along, swaps stories and they get to know each other much better than simply just chatting (or reading) online. It's a whole other ball of wax.

Of all of the audio events I have been too (and I have been to many of them), I do not recall even ONE person who says that they had a bad time. With COVID behind us and the CDC dropping masks and social distancing recommendations, that is no longer an excuse.

Come one, come all but.....ya' gots ta' attend in order to enjoy the comradery, fun, pranks, jokes, prizes, adult drinks, music and literally feasting like a king for a weekend.

Everyone is welcome to come and no one will be belittled, ganged up on, ridiculed (well, I may be but that's besides the point) or otherwise harassed. If you are on the fence, start planning now. We have a great hotel with a complete, fully stocked kitchen right down the road. He's just a hop, skip and a jump from the airport and we can even pick you up/drop you off at said airport so you don't have to incur the expense of a rental car. What more could you ask for?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    What more could you ask for?

Good music? You to not wear shorts?

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I truly wish I could, just too far away.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • TroyD
    Options
    Yeah, to kind of piggyback on what Tom said.....I am kinda surprised at the lack of chatter or enthusiasm but, it is what it is.

That said, it’s on and we’d love folks to come.....and if you’ve got a spouse or significant other that may be an impediment, let me assure you it’s a good time for everyone. More to the point....Charleston is a GREAT place to spend a couple days.

If you have questions or concerns.....we can chat offline.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    I for one have followed this gathering thread in the past and truly regretted not going! If you're unsure, on the fence, or simply don't know anyone now is a great time to meet/greet!

You'll love it! Meet some longtime folks on CP, newbies, they will all become your buds from now on!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.