What would you get?

2»

Comments

• bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    theres a porsche on sounddomain that insists there is much better than cdt and focal, in case you were wondering; this guy is filthy rich, though, so maybe it's not an option for any of us regular people, but he uses McIntosh amps and speakers, and an ID sub (or multiple, i dunno). anyone heard of mcintosh?

i havent heard cdt; how do they compare to, say, focals? since you seem set on them...

but anyways, like mac said, just go with what you think sounds best, you'll be happier that way

Yup, there are better out there... especially the $4k set of Alpines or a $5k set of Rainbows or Genesis.

As for Tru, maybe they make some nice stuff, but a friend has one of their tube amps and talk about POS... thing is noisy as hell, and its his second or third replacement.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • denis87
    denis87 Posts: 86
    edited June 2004
    Actually www.easy-audio.com has them for $300 shipped and www.visionaryaudio.com has them for $280 shipped. That's in the same price range as the others or the higher end at least.
    www.dmbvideo.com www.oilfans.com
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by bknauss
    As for Tru, maybe they make some nice stuff, but a friend has one of their tube amps and talk about POS... thing is noisy as hell, and its his second or third replacement.
    You sure it's the amp and not the install? If it's 2nd or 3rd one, I'd start looking elsewhere than the amp...
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • denis87
    edited June 2004
    If i buy polks from sound domain i still get the 3 year warranty right?
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    Yes, they are Authorized Polk Dealers, so the warranty does apply.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • denis87
    edited June 2004
    not bad price for the polk mm6's $254.95 free shipping as well.