Oppo 203 UHD Blu Ray player.

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
Hello,
I'm considering selling my Oppo 203 which is in pretty much new condition. I have the box manual remote etc just like when you buy it.
I'm not sure if I should sell it or not but if someone is looking for one in near perfect condition, hit me up and lets talk. I'm not really interested in selling it but with my medical bills and the cost of living is so high right now, I'd part with it for the right price and a good deal to only one of you.
Let me know what you think. I can post pic's and I honestly don't know what to let it go for. I looked on Ebay and they are selling at very high prices. Probably because it's really the last awesome Blu Ray player made. I haven't seen anything on the market today that even touches it. Players today basically suck, even Sony's best player are sub par which I have one and probably will just use it if I let this go.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Good luck with the sale, and your medical issues. I have two 203s and love them.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    PM sent
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mantis
    Options
    I have no idea what to let it go for. The prices on Ebay are pretty high and I'm not interested in ripping anyone off. I like to give all you guys a good deal as I have got many good deals here over the decades. But I honestly don't want to sell it but I need funds.
    Dan
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    I wouldn’t list mine for less than $900 to start. Having box, manual, remote could bring around $1200 based on recent EBay sales.

Hope that helps.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I wouldn’t list mine for less than $900 to start. Having box, manual, remote could bring around $1200 based on recent EBay sales.

Hope that helps.

I agree with this Dan. If you didn’t really need the money that might be different, but in your situation I wouldn’t short change myself. I would say a good deal for yours would be $900-1000. You could sell it for $1200 on eBay, but you’d pay $150-200 in fees, so take that into consideration.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mantis
    Options
    Thanks guys, if someone in here makes me an offer and it makes sense, I'll let it go. If not I'm just gonna keep it and find other ways.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Dan
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Thanks Dan... May God continue to heal you and restore you to health.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mantis
    Options
    SOLD
    Dan