We are not ready

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,020
According to Dannie Ritchie

None of us are ready to experience his speakers.

Just so you know...

😅
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    I’m definitely not ready and I am pretty sure I will never be. That DB can go on without my business
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Guess he's going out of business soon.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    Fools! They laughed at me at the University! I shall crush them like ants! Bwahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!

;)

wxqj5f4i1ugk.png
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    Options
    Was that taken in the lab on the Death Star?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Who's Danny Ritchie?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Dallas area audiophile engineer and owner of GR research

he was also close friends with Gary Dodd, and I believe he was the one who found him passed away

https://youtu.be/cWFZgQBw0dI
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Disappointing and bewildering.

He had some good stuff on Youtube that I found useful, then he went off the deep end and ostracized so many people.

The thing that makes no sense about it is that most people listen in untreated rooms.

In a certain sense, wouldn’t that make the most qualified reviewers those who have similar circumstances to their audience, rather than those with a listening room Utopia?
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    Anyone that has that kind of self value,for lack of a better term, will never see one penny of my money. Definitely not my kind of people.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Mack Davis's "Hard to be humble" comes to mind here
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Mack Davis's "Hard to be humble" comes to mind here

Just because you are not perfect in every way gives you no right to cast aspersions on those of us that are.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Who's Danny Ritchie?

Beat me to it; I had no idea who he is.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    He's a weird guy, all righty -- but I have to say that the one pair of his loudspeakers I've heard (albeit slightly tweaked from the original design by their builder/owner) was... very, very good.
    The tweeter used therein is NLA,though, so the drivers may have been doing most of the heavy lifting in the design, for all I know. :|

9p4de4bnvyc9.jpg

I do find it amusing that he's apparently an equal-opportunity target for hifi fan scorn -- the ASR folks ain't crazy about him, either. B)

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    That "calling out the reviewers" YouTube video was *painful* to watch.

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip