Signa S2 to Samsung tv connection

Hi. I just bought the Signa S2 and I am trying to connect it to my Samsung tv. The tv only has two HDMI ports that already have devices connected, I went to Best Buy looking for advice and they told me I could connect through the optical cable and I shouldn’t have a problem. I did that, but no sound comes out when I change the sound output from to tv speaker to optical.
So bottom line, do I have to use both the HDMI AND the optical cable, or am I missing something on my setup?

Comments

• The digital optical connection should be sufficient. What is the model number of your TV?
  • It’s UN75TU7000FXZA.
    Thanks.
  • I've looked through the owner's manual and can't find definitive information on connecting a soundbar. Usually there's a drawing of the connection panel on the TV with labels for inputs and outputs, but I haven't found it. In most cases the TV will have an HDMI ARC connection, however I find this reference in the manual:

"HDMI (ARC) is supported by some models. Check the HDMI port name of the purchased product's model."

This was supposed to be a manual for your specific set. What connections, on the TV, are labeled "output"?

• I have a Samsung model UN55FH6003F. How do I connect a Polk signa s2?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    2001S2000 wrote: »
    I have a Samsung model UN55FH6003F. How do I connect a Polk signa s2?

The manual tells you how to do that.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    I've looked at your TV's manual very carefully and there's nothing about how to connect an audio output. This is the complete rear connection panel:

4xzdfe1ejr3k.png

All the connections are inputs, there's no audio output. This means there isn't a way to connect a soundbar. Check with Samsung to be sure, but it doesn't appear that you can.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Holy ****. Unbelievable. Leave it to Samsung. Ridiculous.
    7i1hohfsjgwk.png