The Purge - Audiophile Edition

Options
I've been collecting audio gear for upwards of 3 decades and I need to dramatically purge my collection...at least that's what my wife said! Everything works as it should and the electronics are generally in great shape cosmetically.

Speakers:
Acoustic Research M2 - $100
Alon Petite (2 pairs) - $250 per pair (all black but marked up)
Altec Lansing 890C - $300 (walnut, but scratched up)
B&W Matrix 3 - $500 (black - scratches on top)
Bozak DM6000 - $200 (walnut with boxes)
Infinity RS-IIIA - $400 (all 4 woofers professionally refoamed - oak)
NHT T5 system - $500 (includes two M5s mounted on B5 subs with the X1 crossover and A1 amp (for the subs) and boxes for all)
Polk SDA SRS 3.1TL - $650 (upgraded crossovers and SDA cable - minor scratches)

Subwoofer:
Pioneer Elite SW-E10 - $200 (includes box and manual)

Preamps (linestage only - no phono):
Audible Illusions L1 - $650 (with box and manual)
Conrad Johnson PV14L - $1100 (with box, remote, and manual)
Levinson 38S - $1800 (with box (says 36S but fits perfectly), manual and remote)
PS Audio PCA-2 w/HCPS power supply - $1000 (with remote, boxes, and manuals)
Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Signature - $650 (with box and manual)
Stereo Knight Magnetic Silverstone - $700 (passive preamp with box)

Preamp (phono only):
Aragon 47K w/Ingot power supply - $500 (with box and manual)

Preamps with phono:
Conrad Johnson PF2 - $700 (with box and manual)
Klyne SK-6LE3.5/P - $1300 (with box and manual)
Krell PAM-3 - $1000 (with box and manual)
Rogue 99 Magnum - $1000 (with box and manual)
Rowland Consonance - $850 (with remote)
Threshold NS-10 - $650
Threshold FET-9e - $750 (upgraded in NS-10 case)

Amps:
Anthem MCA-5 Series 2 - $750 (5-channel amp with box and manual)
Classe DR-8 - $500 (some marks)
Emotiva XPR-200 - $300 (includes box and manual)
H/K Citation 7.1 (x2) - $600 each (one is missing a footer that broke off; includes box and manual)
Rogue 88 Magnum - $800 (with box and manual)
Rowland Model 3 monoblocks - $1600 (includes crates and manual)
Threshold Stasis 2 - $900 (some marks)

Turntables:
B&O 4002 - $400 (includes cartridge)
B&O 8002 - $700 (completely overhauled - includes cartridge)
Nottingham Mentor - $1500 (with Origin Live Silver tonearm)
VPI Aries 1 - $2200 (with cover, SDS speed control, and boxes and manuals)

CD Player:
Norh CD-1 - $400 (includes remote, box, manual, and spare laser)

Digital to Analog Converters:
Aragon D2A2 - $250 (with box and manual)
Counterpoint DA10 - $400 (with box and manual)
Muse 296 - $500 (with box and manual)
Perpetual Technologies P3A - $200
RME ADI-2 FS - $800 (Version 2 with remote, box, and manual)

Lots of good gear here that isn't getting used by me, so it's time to move it on. Let me know if you want to see individual pictures.

Local to Denver gets preference. Shipping will be difficult for some items, especially if I don't have the box.

sul8if8ztf6o.jpeg
accrpjc69js8.jpeg
4t3a6dt8sgj3.jpeg
zbcks0lk397m.jpeg
tbhqudlp0hm8.jpeg
Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,602
    Options
    engie490 wrote: »

By "Version 2" do you mean the newer one with the ESS chip instead of the AKM?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    Damn, that's a lot of gear.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    Options
    That VPI table is beautiful..

• smartie_panta
    Options
    With all this unused great stuff, I'm curious what your current setup is (the gear that made the cut).
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    With all this unused great stuff, I'm curious what your current setup is (the gear that made the cut).

Good question.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options

Right now, the main system is:

Technics SP-15 (plan to order a 2-arm plinth and mount VPI and Ortofon 12” arms)

Innersound Phono (same as Coda Fet-3b) and/or AHT Non-Signature phono stage

Rowland Synergy IIi

Oppo BDP-105D (used as DAC and disc player)

Rowland Model 8

Otari MX-5050 B2

Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL (upgraded crossovers)

I still have gear that is not in the listed in either this post or the purge post at the top of the thread. Couple of amps, preamps, R2R machines, pieces and parts that (for various reasons) I’m not ready to list.

The Oppo doesn’t sound better than my other DACs, but it’s close enough to warrant simplifying the system by one box.

Over the past few months, I’ve already sold:
    McIntosh C37
    Sonic Frontiers Line 2 (w/Parts Connexion upgrades)
    NAD M22 V2
    HK Citation 22
    Cary SLP-98P
    Kenwood KD-750.

The real problem is I had to clean out my storage locker. Two years ago, rent started at $64/month and the latest increase put it at $172/month! Necessity is the mother of invention!

Jeff

Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • engie490
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

By "Version 2" do you mean the newer one with the ESS chip instead of the AKM?

I thought the V2 had the AKM4493? Looks like it does have the ESS chip though according to RME’s website.

My understanding is that the bigger remote (which mine has) indicated it was a V2.

I thought that the V1 had AKM 4490 and the V2 had AKM 4493. Hhhhmmmm…

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    That’s a lot of stuff! You have a very understanding wife. GLWYS. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    holy sheep shee!
    I want it all but would have to rent out a storage locker to
    live in after the Mrs. finds out. :#
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    Lots of tempting stuff there. Good thing (for me) I'm not close to Denver. GLWTS
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I thought the V2 had the AKM4493? Looks like it does have the ESS chip though according to RME’s website.

My understanding is that the bigger remote (which mine has) indicated it was a V2.

I thought that the V1 had AKM 4490 and the V2 had AKM 4493. Hhhhmmmm…

About when did you purchase it? They only made the switch to ESS after the AKM factory fire on October 2020.

And you are right otherwise it would have used the 4493 if it shipped with the larger remote.

• engie490
    Options
    [/quote]

About when did you purchase it? They only made the switch to ESS after the AKM factory fire on October 2020.

And you are right otherwise it would have used the 4493 if it shipped with the larger remote.

[/quote]

I bought it used in September 2020, so it's definitely the AKM 4493 version.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Roger that, thank for the clarification. Let me think about it. I already have one and love it so this would just be a backup unit for me.
  • engie490
    Options
    Some pics of the SFL-1 Signature

prk69zl3rrno.jpeg
    mv3n25mylexh.jpeg
    vfjq07t9vuj2.jpeg
    pfeoh8b5mvw4.jpeg

• engie490
    Options
    Pics of the Klyne SK-6

y4cgy8m6q21j.jpeg
    mmalth1ug5mw.jpeg
    2o13uv65yrk4.jpeg
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Wow....and great pricing!
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Those are some really cool designs on those preamps! Definitely some nice gear for sale.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    Options
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    The candy store is open folks!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • engie490
    Options
    Norh CD-1 (sale pending)

pjgpcrnqscfd.jpeg
    57ksx01d618n.jpeg
  • engie490
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    That VPI table is beautiful..

I've got to get around to installing the one speed pulley and new belt...
  • engie490
    Options
    Stereo Knight pre and Norh CD player are SOLD.

The CJ PF-2 is pulled from the list. Was using it last night and noticed some hum, turned it up to hear better and it spit out some DC and blew the fuses in my amp. Grrr!
  • engie490
    Options
    Aragon D2A2 is sold!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    The Stereo Knight Pre has been an end-game passive pre for me for years. Amazing craftsmanship and the patience to wire every step of the volume pot and transformer...

I also REALLY want some of that gear but the 81 solar panels I just had installed on my roof as suggesting that I hold off a bit before spending more cash.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • engie490
    Options
    The Stereo Knight sounded fantastic with the Oppo!
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    "Technics SP-15 (plan to order a 2-arm plinth and mount VPI and Ortofon 12” arms)"

I'd love to see that when it's done. Sounds like a fantastic (and very cool and functional) idea!!
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options
    I'll take:
    Rogue 99 Magnum - $1000 (with box and manual).
    Will message later today (I'm about to lose power for a bit).
    Thanks,
    Craig
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    I'll take:
    Rogue 99 Magnum - $1000 (with box and manual).
    Will message later today (I'm about to lose power for a bit).
    Thanks,
    Craig

That was one I was biting my lip on too. Thanks for removing the temptation, Craig!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    I want the 8002 if you will ship it...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • engie490
    Options
    If it doesn’t sell this weekend, I’ll ship it to you.