Party time! Higher SS benefit

A month ago I received a letter from Social Security saying my monthly benefit is increasing. Today my check was direct deposited, and it did increase from $2500/month to $3000/month. Woo-hoo. It's party time. I think now I will order a pizza twice a month. :)
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    $500/month does not equate to the 5.9% increase that they announced. You must have been "owed" it somehow?

Anyhow, take all you can get.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Take it while you can. I'm not even including SS in my retirement calculations. It'll just be gravy on top.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    muncybob wrote: »
    $500/month does not equate to the 5.9% increase that they announced. You must have been "owed" it somehow?

Yes. I started getting SS when I was 67, and still working. Since I was making a good salary they made me pay for something, but I have forgotten the details. I finally retired when I was close to 70, and now my salary is just SS, so my full benefit is in effect.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Pizza, tunes, and beer at Bud's!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited January 2022
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Congrats on that increase. ;)

I wanted to start mine as soon as I could because I don't know how much longer I'll be around. Me not working for about 9 years REALLY hurt my SS income check. But at least I'm alive and getting something '. :p

My wife is still working, and she plans to go as long as she can before starting her SS.

We own our home and I'm glad we do. On the news tonight, nice apartment rentals of 1500 a month are going up to 1800 a month.

Average rental for 1 bedroom apt. is 1100 and soon to be a lot higher.

Where are people going to get this kind of money? :'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Funny, I was thinking about the high inflation across the planet and immediately thought about you, and how much good news you might get! 😆

Glad to know you’re getting a little boost, after all those years of contributing! 🍕 🍺
    Alea jacta est!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    I think that's Bruce!
    Clipdat wrote: »
    77jr.gif

I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Clipdat wrote: »
    giphy.gif

That is disturbing!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2022
    Good on you Bud thats a 20% increase. Beats the shet out of my 5.9% increase.

I am still working and drawing SS. Figure I better get what I can as long as I am on this side of the grass.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    We are gonna need all that $$. Rumor is Feds are raising rates .25% for each of the next 4 to 6 quarters. It's no surprise to me at all as inflation is gonna rule for the foreseeable future.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.