No sound on some apps

Options
Hello, I have Polk Audio MagniFi Max SR Home Theater Surround Sound Bar. When I go from Cable to watching some of my APPs, Showtime, HboMax, Parmount+ I get no sound. I do get sound on Netflix, Youtube, and some other apps. This just started the other night up until then it work on all the apps. What could be causing this?

Answers

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    How is everything connected? Describe how you access your sources. You have a cable subscription that offers Showtime, HBO, etc? Your cable connection comes into the TV (what make and model?) then the output of the TV connects to the soundbar, right? Using HDMI ARC or digital optical cable?
  • Beachcw04
    Options
    My Cable is connected to the Sound bar, Sound bar to the TV via HDMI Arc The apps are loaded on my TV not the apps supplied by the Cable (That is a different issue with the sound) My TV is new LG OLED A1 Series 55" . When I go to the Apps on the TV the sound bar switches to TV (for dots) automatic. Most of the time the sound works on all the Apps, but recently sometimes no sound on certain Apps. I don't use the Apps supplied by the Cable company because I cannot hear the voices well on them, even with voice leval all the way up.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I don't think the problem is with the soundbar. It doesn't know what app you've selected on your TV, it simply takes an incoming signal and produces sound. The TV is acting as the source selector and the settings on the TV determine what kind of signal is being sent to the soundbar. If you turned on the speakers built into the TV do you hear sound from all of the apps?