Facebook question for experts

I want to post a picture to 'Photos of You' or an existing album so that anyone that browses my pictures and albums can see it and comment on it but I don't want it posted to my Timeline so that everyone is notified. I know about the "Only Me" audience option but to my knowledge then only I can view the picture.
I've Googled the crap out of this but when say I want to post a picture so that it doesn't show up on my timeline the only answer I find is to use the 'Only Me' option.
Is what I'm wanting to do possible?
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Post the pictures in one upload, then delete the post generated to your timeline. The pictures remain, and the post is gone.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Post the pictures in one upload, then delete the post generated to your timeline. The pictures remain, and the post is gone.

Actually I have tried that. I immediately deleted the picture from my Timeline, I couldn't see it there anymore, yet I got about 10 comments.

2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Dude. If you're not careful you're gonna become a social media influencer. Your life will no longer be your own once that happens.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    msg wrote: »
    Dude. If you're not careful you're gonna become a social media influencer. Your life will no longer be your own once that happens.

Yeah, but he'll be rich.
  • What’s Facebook?
    See my profile for list of gear.