Magnifi Mini Opt volume change mutes sound

Options
On my Magnifi Mini (3 months old), when the vol - or + buttons are pressed (on the TV remote, Apple TV remote, Magnifi remote, or Magnifi soundbar itself), the source seems to be switched or deselcted in some way. The sound stops completely until I press the OPT source button again. This means that every time I want to adjust the volume for the OPT source (the TV), I have to switch the source back on again to get the sound back. Polk support tried to tell me this is a remote programming issue, but it's clearly not since the physical buttons on the soundbar do the same thing.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Let me refer this to a friend at Polk.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,508
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I checked and the reply was that a replacement soundbar had been ordered for you. I take it that isn't the case?
  • PolkUser1020
    Options
    It is, but I was really hopeful that there would be some sort of answer as to how to resolve this without getting a replacement. I guess I'll just have to wait. They're "out of stock" of units and say they don't know when a replacement will be available. :(
  • RaaShaunHunter
    RaaShaunHunter Posts: 1
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I'm having this same problem (I've only had mine for three days), am I going to have to get a replacement too or is there a software fix?

EDIT: In fact, here's a video of my issue https://youtu.be/rHf5yIt1bZQ.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Send an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com and explain the situation.
  • Dan72
    Dan72 Posts: 3
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I also had this problem. Had my unit for 4 days. Volume kept muting every time I changed it. I remembered the problem started when I added the soundbar back to Google Home after it had been playing up there too. So I did a WiFi reset and that fixed the issue. I think it's a Chromecast conflict. The Chromecast implementation seems really dodgy on this device.

Edit: more specifically, after looking into this a bit more, this issue seems to be triggered when you "enable voice control and more" in the device settings in Google Home and also when you enable Playback sounds (Cast start and volume changes) there. If I don't enable those, I don't have a problem with the volume.

Post edited by Dan72 on
  • Dan72
    Dan72 Posts: 3
    Options
    FIX:

Do a Wifi reset. When you add the Polk Mini back to Google Home, make sure you do not enable either "voice control and more" or "playback sounds (cast start and volume changes" in the device settings within Google Home. I'm pretty sure one of these two or both are causing the issue.
  • kuan
    kuan Posts: 1
    Options
    Per Dan72's advice I tried turning off "cast start and volume changes" in the settings for my polk soundbar in Google Home. That was indeed the cause of this issue for me. Might be expected behaviour and not a software bug. But im also not sure what that setting is supposed to do.
  • ElectroLund
    Options
    Dan72 wrote: »
    I also had this problem.... I think it's a Chromecast conflict. The Chromecast implementation seems really dodgy on this device.

Edit: more specifically, after looking into this a bit more, this issue seems to be triggered when you "enable voice control and more" in the device settings in Google Home and also when you enable Playback sounds (Cast start and volume changes) there. If I don't enable those, I don't have a problem with the volume.

YES! This fixed it for me!!!
  • CarlosMRodrigues
    Options
    This was also fixing my problem.
    Do you intend to release an update for this problem?