MM12 help - needs repair

Options
digitalmethods
digitalmethods Posts: 3
edited June 2004 in Troubleshooting
I had recently bought a POLK/MOMO MM12 w/ enclosure and lost the receipt of purchase. The subwoofer has now failed to operate and eventhough I have everything except the receipt they will not fix it. It's definately not the install that is in question. The tinsel lead from the basket to the cone is shorting out. This is a manufacturing defect but Polk will not honor it. Eventhough I'm pissed that I spent the money on a junk sub I want to stay w/ this sub because my interior theme is all MOMO on the inside of my WRX. I'm not to happy about the way it was handled but whatever. What I really need to know is if anyone can lead me to a source that can replace and repair this defective lead. It can't be simply soldered because they use some special epoxy for the connection. This ticks me off because I just bought a pair of RTi10's for my house too. I'm not so happy w/ them right now.
Post edited by digitalmethods on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Where did you buy the sub? If it's at CC, they keep records of that on the computer and can print a new receipt.

Or wherever you bought it should be able to help. Did you buy it with a Credit Card?
  • digitalmethods
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I bought it w/ a credit card. I can probably find my old statememt and get my proof of purchase that way. Good thinking. Will polk accept it if the proof is just a credit card statement for an online sale?
  • digitalmethods
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Thanks Kim. I sent it today w/ a copy of this forum, my credit card receipt and a small letter w/ my adress on it. Youv'e been more than helpful and I appreciate the responce.