WTB dreadnaught For SDA SRS 2

These are blade blade

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    MW6509 x 4 ? Don't believe it's compatible.

• pitdogg2 wrote: »
    MW6509 x 4 ? Don't believe it's compatible.

You are correct, they are four 6509.

So how can I use them with a non common ground amplifier?

Sorry I'm a noob.
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2021
    You cannot, unless you do not use the interconnect cable. Both blades are active and your amp sees a short makes loud noises or lets out the magic smoke. IF The cable is used.
    You cannot, unless you do not use the interconnect cable. Both blades are active and your amp sees a short makes loud noises or lets out the magic smoke. IF The cable is used.

Looks like I have to contact my amp manufacture to see if I can strap the grounds together right?
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2021
    vader540is wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Looks like I have to contact my amp manufacture to see if I can strap the grounds together right?

Yes

Another thing to check is resistance/ohms with multimeter between negative binding posts. Remove the speaker eirye from binding posts.
    Too much and it affects negatively.
    I'm sorry I do not remember if it's resistance or ohms, so hopefully someone will chime in.

Which Amp?
    vader540is wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Yes

Another thing to check is resistance/ohms with multimeter between negative binding posts. Remove the speaker eirye from binding posts.
    Too much and it affects negatively.
    I'm sorry I do not remember if it's resistance or ohms, so hopefully someone will chime in.

Which Amp?

I have a few

luxman lv109

Adcom GFA 555

NAD 2200
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited November 2021
    A single NAD 2200 in stereo mode is common ground. LINK

I've used a NAD 2600A (largely the same amp) with no problems on my SDA 2B, prior to having my Dreadnaught.

Edit: That thread isn't exactly confidence inspiring to the max, but I feel it shows that you should be safe with that amp and your speakers. Anyone else care to weigh in?
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • agfrost wrote: »
    A single NAD 2200 in stereo mode is common ground. LINK

I've used a NAD 2600A (largely the same amp) with no problems on my SDA 2B, prior to having my Dreadnaught.

Edit: That thread isn't exactly confidence inspiring to the max, but I feel it shows that you should be safe with that amp and your speakers. Anyone else care to weigh in?

Awesome! So I have some SDA-2B and I just picked up some SDA SRS 2. iIRC they are the older ones blade/blade.
  • pitdogg2
    Adcom 555 is also common ground.