Flashing White Light

Options
Good day,

Looking for some assistance as to why my Polk Magnifi Max SR isn't working. There is a flashing white light. I have tried unplugging and plugging back in with no luck. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Answers

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Hi Sean,
    I'll ask a friend at Polk.
  • blaugrana
    Options
    Having the same issue. Tried hard reset, unplugging HDMI arc, unplugging power etc. Nothing works. Bar is completely unresponsive.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I'll refer you to a friend at Polk.
  • blaugrana
    Options
    If appreciate that. It appears that sound is working via arc HDMI, but the white light is still flashing and I'm no longer able to connect the sound bar to Google home. Quite frustrating...
  • RonCF
    RonCF Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello guys,

Yesterday I was having the exact same problem. The bar was unresponsive with just a pulsing white light.

I finally got it to work this morning.

Last night I plugged the bar only to the power source and directly into the router with a ethernet cable and went to bed.

This morning the pulsing light was gone.
    I hooked the bar back to the tv and worked fine and I was able to sync it back to the Google home app.

I think the bar didn't finish updating the firmware properly that's why it wasn't responding, and apparently the update happens only overnight. Since we can't sync to the home wifi, the only way is hardwire with the ethernet cable and let it cycle through overnight.

A point worth mentioning, my bar seems to work better with the optical cable in the tv it's plugged in.

When I tried in a different tv the hdmi arc connection was fine.

Both tvs are LG, almost identical.

I hope it works to you as well
  • Moosa
    Moosa Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I have a Magnifi Max soundbar. One morning, i noticed that the soundbar had a white led on and no fuctions ccould be performed. I switched off and switched on again, and still had very same error. I took the soundbar to the distributor here in South Africa, Homation for repairs. I was told my 2 year warranty expired. my product is just under 3 years old, I gave go a ahead to repair, I received this feedback"Tried to recover updated firmware no luck". I was advised there is nothing they can do as fault is on the motherboard. I asked them to change it. I was the told the manufacturer Polk does not supply parts for repairs. The only option is to by a new soundbar !!!!! This is first time i hear of such feedback that a manufacturer does not supply parts to fix their product. Can someone please assist me on how to get a mother board
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Bury it at sea. It's not worth fixing.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I'll refer this to a friend at Polk.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    I'll refer this to a friend at Polk.

Do you just copy and paste this response? If you got a dollar for each time you'd be rich!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Moosa
    Moosa Posts: 2
    Options
    howmay ohms is the magnifi max 8" subwoofer