Polk components in a Baby Advent cabinet

Options
Hello I had some spare Polk Monitor 10 parts and used the SL 2000 tweeter, one woofer and installed them in a Baby Advent cabinet. I was amazed on how well it sounded. Bass was tighter and the SL 2000 was an improvement over the tiny Advent tweeter. I am still using the Advent crossover and would like to know if I can use the Monitor 10A crossover instead. Are there and mods or anything I need to do ? I see there is a small bulge on one of the 12 UF caps
9y9anay615sm.jpg

z34i6fj4pumn.jpg

l2140u3ssisc.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Where do I start......hmmm....let's just say what you've done is wrong on each and every level.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    edited November 2021
    Options
    The stock Baby Advents don't sound bad with a new XO capacitor of decent (and appropriate, value-wise) quality.
    Yeah, I mean, you can put anything you want in any box you want -- but that doesn't necessarily mean that you should.
    If you like 'em, though -- well, have a ball.

Can you use the stock Polk XO? Again... you certainly can...

:#
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    TL them. Bring them to another level. Advent TL Baby Baby
    Randy/Maine
  • laptop44
    Options
    I did upgrade the cap and resistor on the Advents and thought they sounded good , but lacked bass and imaging. I can always install the Advent parts back to original, but it does sound so much better with the Polk parts. I am using a Kenwood 7100 Integrated amp that's been fully restored and is used for recording albums and my reel to reel tapes to a PC

what is TL them? lol
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Adpolks
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Lacks bass and imaging.....but sounds great.

Lord, why hast thou forsaken me?
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    You need a set of MW6502 drivers and mod the 10B x-over to match a 5B crossover (easy to do)
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.