Using Polk components in a Baby Advent cabinet

Options
laptop44
laptop44 Posts: 11
edited November 2021 in Speakers
Hello I had some spare Polk Monitor 10 parts and used the SL 2000 tweeter and one woofer and installed them in a Baby Advent cabinet. I was amazed on how well it sounded. Bass was tighter and the SL 2000 was an improvement over the tiny Advent tweeter. I am still using the Advent crossover and would like to know if I can use the Monitor 10A crossover instead. Are there and mods or anything I need to do ? I see there is a small bulge on one of the caps

vy5msk8aj6e6.jpg

ticuw152dnjg.jpg

f2jd8gbvnxg1.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,857
    Options
    Where do I start......hmmm....let's just say what you've done is wrong on each and every level.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,483
    Options
    You should TL them. Advent TL Baby Baby
    Randy/Maine
  • Hansvelton
    Hansvelton Posts: 151
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Most Advents run the woofer full range, meaning, no low pass filter to roll off the highs.

And of course, their woofers were fine for this, as they had a NATURAL high end roll off and sounded fairly good that way.

BUT, your Baby Advents seem to have aftermarket woofers anyways...so.......

The Polk woofer, on the other hand, requires a low pass crossover on the woofer, as it does not roll off in the same manner at all.........

Refer to what F1nut said above........

Might be a fun experiment, but doubtful it can deliver great sound.