Polk 900-LS tweeter part number, need to replace blown tweeter

Options
I just got off the phone with Polk customer support and they were absolutely no help whatsoever. I bought these speakers in August of 2020 (currently November of 2021) and when I was running DIRAC Live earlier I discovered the tweeter was blown in one of them. I'm more than happy to replace the tweeter myself, but I at least need a part number so I can find it and order it. Polk kept telling me these speakers have been discontinued and so they're no longer able to look up the part number! How crazy is that?? I can understand if they don't stock it anymore, but at least give me the information I need to try to track it down elsewhere! Can anyone help?

Best Answers

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,631
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Pull the tweeter, part number should be on it. Polk may no longer have stock of that particular tweeter and may offer a replacement of a different part number. You will then need to buy two.
    Once you do get the part number off the tweeter you could also check ebay for that polk part number/tweeter
  • Niophant
    Options
    Okay, I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,112
    Options
    No way to guarantee this will be a drop in fit, but this should be pretty darn close

https://www.parts-express.com/Peerless-OT19NC00-04-3-4-Fabric-Dome-Tweeter-4-Ohm-264-1122
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    Just chiming in I recently found out that Polk has discontinued the LSiM tweeters as well and they are no longer available.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • Niophant
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    No way to guarantee this will be a drop in fit, but this should be pretty darn close

Thanks for the tip. A mismatched tweeter that takes a little tweaking to fit is better than no tweeter at all.
    I referred this to a friend at Polk and he is able to help. I'll send him your email address.

Thank you so much for the help.

I haven't had a chance to pull the tweeter myself yet, but I should be able to get out the ladder and have a look tomorrow. In the meanwhile, I really appreciate everyone's help. Still bummed I blew a tweeter on a speaker that's barely past a year old and is somehow already discontinued with no official support.
  • Niophant
    Options
    I referred this to a friend at Polk and he is able to help. I'll send him your email address.

Hey, I just got the email! They're going to send me a new tweeter. Thank you so much for the help!
  • Niophant
    Options
    I believe they are going to send a complete replacement speaker since they don't have the tweeters. They are waiting for a shipment of the speakers to arrive.

I'm super impressed. I wasn't expecting that at all.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    That model speaker has a lifetime warranty.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,631
    Options