Who here is into crypto?

Options

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    edited December 2021
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    But it's not too late. Beauty of crypto is that 20% swings are yawny. You'll likely have the chance again. Until you don't. And the crypto spikes and doesn't return to lower levels. But which ones are those?

I'm beginning to wonder whether it's worth throwing in with a lot of no-name but decently-premised cryptos and forgetting about them and riding up out those multi-thousand% gains. There are so many now, though.

I don’t feel comfortable with no name coins... honestly it’s a shot in the dark. Better to go by Reddit comments tally and go from there.

I have enough sol to make a dent but I was really looking for a short play with some cash I had that I needed back in a few weeks so I wasn’t in for a long hold on this particular play. (Example was I was trying to talk myself in putting in the entire sale proceeds from my BW into sol but I would need it back as I would be buying a new pair)

My goal is typically convert everything to Bitcoin and or ether.

So I buy an alt coin and then when the ratio is favorable, I convert to the big guy.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,550
    Options
    They're all no-name coins, or were at one point. Look at the ridicule BTC endured over the years. It still does with some conventional investors. I agree, though, it's a shot in the dark at the levels these cryptos are at when you have to get in to make these insane gains. Everyone looks back and does the math when the next new coin shoots up, thinking on what throwing a few hundred to $1k at some of these coins would be worth now.

Most of these coins seem to develop some "relative", pattern support points, and I think a lot of crypto investors play the swings in these areas.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    So can just anyone develop a new crypto currency?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Joey_V
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    They're all no-name coins, or were at one point. Look at the ridicule BTC endured over the years. It still does with some conventional investors. I agree, though, it's a shot in the dark at the levels these cryptos are at when you have to get in to make these insane gains. Everyone looks back and does the math when the next new coin shoots up, thinking on what throwing a few hundred to $1k at some of these coins would be worth now.

Most of these coins seem to develop some "relative", pattern support points, and I think a lot of crypto investors play the swings in these areas.

I know what you mean. It’s already volatile enough as it is, that kind of play you’re talking about, you gotta be ready to lose it all.

Of course the upside could potentially be huge.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,460
    Options
    If you're making tons of money on crypto, it's because someone else is loosing their a$$ on it. Eventually everyone is going to loose their shorts and only a select few will be sitting on a beach somewhere with no extradition laws with everyones money.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,888
    edited December 2021
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    If you're making tons of money on crypto, it's because someone else is loosing their a$$ on it. Eventually everyone is going to loose their shorts and only a select few will be sitting on a beach somewhere with no extradition laws with everyones money.

If you're making tons of money it's because someone else is working their a$$ off for you (think CEO and COO)

All the same, always winners and losers. Crypto is not going anywhere, now all the talk of WEB 3.0 and domain names .ETH. It's all just the start, you can either get on board or be left behind on the deserted island. Just like NFTs are booming.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    LOL.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I have about 300k cash to invest after the first of the year. I will buy something tangible like property. I am looking to store my hard earned $ as priority one.
    Might dabble in some crypto, but for me something I can actually see and touch is my huckleberry.

But I get the crypto thing if I were younger I would consider it way more.

Good luck.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Willow
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    LOL.

I think it's funny that you think all of this is funny. Were you also a naysayer of cellphones when they arrived, the internet, debit cards online banking...
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Whole lot of difference between owning a cell phone and someone telling you that your hard earned money is stored somewhere in someones computer that you don't know and can't see. The original pipe dream of crypto was to have one centralized, world wide currency that never changes regardless of what country you are in that would be impervious to inflation and economy. What happened to that??? Hmmm???
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Willow
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Things have evolved and will continue to do so. Metaverse is in its infancy. It's not stored in one person's computer but many, many. Then we have blockchains protecting/securing all of it.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,646
    Options
    I just wanna get stoned and listen to music.
  • Nightfall
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I got all those things in the beginning. Snake on the brick Nokia, fun game. You've got mail on the AOL. Dial up free trial floppy disk. Extremely skeptical of crypto. I'd really do hope it works out for you guys.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,649
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Things have evolved and will continue to do so. Metaverse is in its infancy. It's not stored in one person's computer but many, many. Then we have blockchains protecting/securing all of it.

So that explains all the effort to build super computers to mine it....
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,138
    Options
    It’s all coming together. Crypto, NFTs, metaverse, RIAA Platinum and music!

Deadmau5 and Portugal. The Man are releasing a single exclusively via 1M NFT copies. Assuming it sells out, it will be the first Platinum NFT music release.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/deadmau5-portugal-the-man-song-nft-this-is-fine-miami-art-basel-1235005125/amp/
    https://www.billboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/deadmau5-x-Portugal.-The-Man-this-is-fine-artwork-billboard-1240.jpg?w=10242mp5hppgmk41.png

I’m tempted to jump in on this, but I don’t really know how to execute this type of purchase yet, and I also am a little confused how I would play the track.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Mana 2.85
    Now buy!
  • Willow
    Options
    After yesterday it's a good time to drop $ on any crypto
  • Joey_V
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    After yesterday it's a good time to drop $ on any crypto

Bought the dip last night. I think I met my sol criteria for long hold. Now have more than a small bag. Let’s move back up, I’m tired of the dips.
  • Willow
    Options
    Bought some OX today. See how that goes.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Excellent willow

I’m tapped out
  • Willow
    Options
    Next dip I'm going to pick up a bit more polygon.
  • Willow
    Options
    Crypto is taking a big crapo
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Patience
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Patience

That sounds like stock market advice. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Willow
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Patience

Oh for sure, I took advantage and bought some more for my wife's wallet
  • Nightfall
    Options

• audioluvr
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

Oh that's nothing compared to what our government scams out of us every year since 1776
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Willow
    Options
    Crypto has had some 🌮 🔔. It didn't just take a leisurely dump, it has the runs. Time to buy a bit more.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Ouch!!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a