Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekend Mk ll

Options
Thoroughly have enjoyed these speakers, but I am feeling the need to move up the chain. I bought these in May of 2020 from the original owner. He had purchased them new earlier in 2020. He had been on a journey trying different speakers and decided on something different. These have been in a smoke free, pet free and child free home. They are in perfect condition. I cannot find a scratch or flaw on them. These do have the Clarity Cap upgrade and have the hard covers and several sets of different footers. I also have a pair of the "snubbers" that I tried but I didn't care for the sound using them. I do have all of the original packaging that they came in from the factory, so shipping is an option. The Dirty Weekend's have a production run approximately 4 times a year and the next run is not until next year sometime. These are selling now upwards of $1200 plus the Clarity Cap upgrade and shipping. You can check the specs etc on the Zu website. $975.00 PayPal FF plus shipping. Pickup welcome. Happy to audition. I am approx 50 miles south of Chicago

Comments

• handliner
    handliner Posts: 5
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello, I have been looking for a pair of these for a couple of months and saw your ad on hifishark. I would like to buy these from you. I just registered on Polk website and am not sure what to do next. Could you please help me out with the procedure?
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    edited October 2021
    Options
    handliner wrote: »
    contact info 586

We've got a few SE Mich Polkies here . . . Welcome aboard!

What town are you in?

@faustin

can these be setup close to a rear wall OR is it preferred to be a certain distance from the rear wall??

real estate around here is at a minimum . . . TIA
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    @handliner I would ask the mods to remove your digits. Unless you like spam and lots and lots of pizza 😂

@CarlJacobson_POLK
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • handliner
    Options
    @GlennDog,
    Thanks for the welcome. I left MI a little over 10 years ago. I kept my phone number as opposed to changing it and having to notify everyone that I had a new phone number. Currently I live in Greensboro, NC. I do miss ice fishing, I do not miss shoveling snow as often as I had to do when I lived in Shelby Twp., MI.

@rooftop59
    Thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated. I contacted Carl and just wanted to let you know his contact info that you provided made it a lot easier for me to get ahold of the right person.

• Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    "can these be setup close to a rear wall OR is it preferred to be a certain distance from the rear wall??

real estate around here is at a minimum . . . TIA"

I currently have them approx 16" off the back wall.
  • Faustin
    Options
    @handliner . I am currently talking to a long time Polk forum member that is interested in the DW's through private messaging. I will let you know if things don't work out.
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    Options
    I have a pair of these Zu DW speakers. They sounds awesome with 811 Single Ended. Good luck with the sale.
  • handliner
    Options
    @Faustin. I understand. Thanks for the the update.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    If only you were closer, I would love to play with these..
  • Faustin
    Options
    Mark these as sold.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    edited October 2021
    Options
  • Faustin
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    SOLD!!!!

Thanks Ivan!
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    Options
    Congrats! I have a similar pair and I love them.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    To whom are we congratulating ???
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    To whom are we congratulating ???

I’m guessing Ivan but I could be very wrong….
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    I think that Ivan was making a funny ...marking thread "sold"...I could be wrong
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I think that Ivan was making a funny ...marking thread "sold"...I could be wrong

You be correct Ronnie baby 🍼
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    Options
    I can't wait to ask if these are still available in 10 years. :#
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    I can't wait to ask if these are still available in 10 years. :#

I'll do it in 9.5 years. :)
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Spill the beans guys...who's the lucky owner

• Faustin
    Options
    So, fellow Polkie Maxward was very interested in purchasing the DW's, but the cost to ship them a couple of thousand miles was way too high, so he decided to pass on them. Newbie to the Polk forum handliner had been looking for a pair of DW's in the rustic hickory finish, so we put the deal together. Hopefully I will be shipping them later today. Just waiting on some shipping information.
  • handliner
    Options
    Yes, I was the lucky one. I have been in Maxward's position before and know how it feels :( . I do want to share a little information in regards to a shipping service that will have a very good impact to save everyone some money on shipping. I found this service earlier this year when the amp on my JL Audio F113v2 sub went out and had to be sent to FL for repair and I saved considerably on shipping with this service. The service is Shippo, search for goshippo, signup and compare rates that you have previously seen. I have only used UPS with them as of new. The Zu DWll's shipping cost $120.00 with insurance of $1000.00 to be shipped from Bourbonnais, IL to Greensboro, NC. This is with 2 day shipping time. Each box weighed 63lbs and measured 43"x17"k17".

I would like to thank Bruce (Faustin) for making this all happen. His communication with me was very timely and informative. Bruce just sent me a text letting me know that he just dropped the speakers off at UPS. Thanks again Bruce for everything that you have done to make this a great experience.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    I might as well chime in here. The more I see of the rustic hickory finish that Zu offers, the more I like it. However, in the interest of domestic tranquility and my own love of walnut, I would pay the extra cost of that finish once Zu is back in production with the DW. Then I can always return the speakers if I am not happy. So welcome aboard, @handliner and I hope you stick around and give us your impressions once you’ve spent some time with them. And thanks for the tip regarding Shippo. I confirmed the rates Bruce quoted from FedEx and UPS, $320 and up to Salem, OR. So that was also a big part of why I passed, but based on my conversations with @Faustin I would definitely do business with him again.
  • handliner
    Options
    @maxward $300 is a lot for shipping I agree. As far as I know when you order speakers from Zu the shipping from them is only $100. and free return shipping. Part of their return policy is a buyer has to work with them regarding how you have them setup and components, cables. etc. If I ever was going to order from them I would call them and see how their return process works. YMMV. Once I get them setup I will report my thoughts. To be honest I am not expecting a whole lot as the room that they will be in is problematic to say the least. Also as of now they will be powered with a Parasound Halo solid state integrated. From what I have read the Zu DW's like tubes. I have a dedicated room in the lower level of my house that I listen in that is where the majority of my listening will take place in. The main room is all solid state as well.