LSIM 703 vs R200

Options
Hi. I have been a fan of Polk speakers for years. I currently have a pair of LSIM 703s that I enjoy but I was wondering, would the R200s be an upgrade? Would I experience more clarity due to the newer tweeter and would the bass be as satisfying? I've seen comparison of the LSIM 703 to the L200 but I've also read that the R200 were just as good as the L200. I am currently running my LSIMs with an Emotiva XPA-3 Gen3 amp. Thanks.

Best Answer

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have LSiM 703’s and L200’s. The 703’s are really nice speakers. The L200’s are what I consider the logical extension of the 703’s. - the highs are better but the low end on both is so good that if you already have the 703’s I’d wait until the R200’s were on a good sale. I really question whether the R200 is just as good as the L200. But if you already have the 703’s you will likely experience more clarity with the new radiator tweeter but the bass on the 703’s will at best be very close as the R200. Also, the 703’s are 3-way which I’ve always liked. The R200’s on the other hand might be somewhat more efficient, although I don’t if it would be enough to make a big difference as the 703’s were much better than the LSi’s. That said, the L200’s really surprise me sometimes, I really think they sound great with top end gear. Saturday night, I was playing some albums and they made me literally stop and think, dang those are really nice. But the 703’s also do that to me sometimes, make me stop and think man these are really good. Bottom line, if you get a real good deal on R200’s go for it, but don’t underestimate your 703’s. Btw, they were hands down the best bang for the buck at the Adorama sale price.

Answers