Gain/Loss ? If RTA 12 B's replaced with Signature 60's

Options
I am thinking of disposing of my RTA 12B's in favor of something with a slimmer profile. Space is tight along this dimension (room above the garage with sloped roof line on both sides) around the TV.
What if I replaced with Signature 60's. Would that be a noticeable improvement? This room has an old 7.1 setup with Polk center and surrounds. (I don't see much interest nowadays in the RTA)

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    it would be a shame to "dispose" of them if they are perfectly functional. They are one of the better non-SDA speaker
  • OnlyPolk
    OnlyPolk Posts: 137
    Options
    They are in fine shape, I would say near mint. I used to listen to music too in this room with Paradigm ref 60's. Music has moved to another room now, so it is only movies up here. When I did both music and movies it was just a tight squeeze with a 70+ screen TV in the middle for two speakers. Also the Paradigms liked to be positioned out into the room. So had to shuffle P's out of the way of the RTA's for a movie. Getting too old for that, also want to streamline appearances. Surround sound is not high priority for me which was the reason for the question as to whether for that purpose the S60's would be fine.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    The Signature series will have a more detailed lively sound in comparison to those RTA's.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Nothing like two of the same threads going.
    @CarlJacobson_POLK
    @CFarrell_SoundUnited

or any other mod please combine or flush one.
  • OnlyPolk
    OnlyPolk Posts: 137
    Options
    Sorry didn't research , flush this by all means