Options
2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    Faustin wrote: »
    I am approx 50 miles south of Chicago and I would prefer a local sale with pickup or I could meet part way.
    So close to home. I'm 50 miles South of Chi, been wanted a Rogue piece since listening to the stuff at the '14 AXPONA show and learning about their story. Not to mention, I've been thinking of a tube amp, integrated to power the Boston speakers I acquired this year. It would be a perfect opportunity if my plate were not so full. Man!

Such a nice piece and offered by a Polkie.

Get over there and listen to it some more...

What could go wrong 😉
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    WLDock wrote: »
    Faustin wrote: »
    I am approx 50 miles south of Chicago and I would prefer a local sale with pickup or I could meet part way.
    So close to home. I'm 50 miles South of Chi, been wanted a Rogue piece since listening to the stuff at the '14 AXPONA show and learning about their story. Not to mention, I've been thinking of a tube amp, integrated to power the Boston speakers I acquired this year. It would be a perfect opportunity if my plate were not so full. Man!

Such a nice piece and offered by a Polkie.

Get over there and listen to it some more...

What could go wrong 😉

Good point! B)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmm ....shipping a possibility?
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Faustin
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmmmm ....shipping a possibility?

Actually I have decided that I will offer shipping. I dug out the original box the other day that it was originally shipped in from Rogue and thought why not offer shipping. Just to be safe I will double box it. This amp weighs around 60 lbs so depending on it's destination it will probable cost a bit. Also, I had someone ask if this amp will accept tubes other than the KT 120's. I emailed Rogue a couple of days ago and they responded in less than an hour. I have heard their customer care and support was top notch, but this was the first time I had any experience with them. Anyway their response was:

The Cronus Magnum II can use the following output tubes.

KT120, KT90, KT88, 6550 – biased to 35mA

KT77 – biased to 30mA

Another thing to keep in mind is that there is one 12AU7 in the pre-amp stage that responds well to tube rolling. Very affordable to try different flavors in that position. I have a pretty good stash of 12AU7 tubes and would be willing to discuss parting with some.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Lemme think on this.....the Big Bozaks scream for tubes...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Faustin
    Options
    Happy Friday bump. And, I will sweeten the deal a little more for Polk forum members with 100 posts or more. I will also include a Sylvania 12AU7 and a NOS 1955 Raytheon JAN 5814A for tube rolling in the pre amp section. In addition, I will also split the shipping cost.
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
  • Faustin
    Options
    Labor Day weekend bump. If you are considering this highly rated amp but are on the fence, send me a pm and let's work something out!
  • Faustin
    Options
    Still available. Lots of interest but no one has pulled the trigger. Price drop for Polkie's is now $1700.00.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    @Faustin is a great seller! I've had many opportunities to interact with him all were a pleasure and great conversation as well.

I agree!

The wife and I took a ride down there to pick something up and he said even the house is for sale! :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    If I didn't HATE driving to Chicago, this would be mine. (I don't know how you guys do it)
    I can't believe it's still available.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    edited October 2021
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    If I didn't HATE driving to Chicago, this would be mine. (I don't know how you guys do it)
    I can't believe it's still available.

Bruce is about an hour south of Chicago
  • Faustin
    Options
    I am still willing to drive and meet partway.
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Options
    I am giving this a try. Thanks Bruce. Had the version 1 sounded really good (did have a $400 resistor and cap upgrade) but it had some odd like the speakers do not shut completely off when using headphones. Also crosstalk . Trying to watch a game with the TT playing and you hear the TV in the background. I have been told these things were addressed in version II We shall see. Just had a Yamaha A S 2100 so should be interesting.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Nice pick up Keith!!! Let us know how you like it.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Faustin
    Options
    Going, going, gone. SOLD. Thanks Keith. I hope it is the sound you are looking for.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Nice pickup Keith! This would have been mine awhile back but I'm always having $$$ issues. I'm trying to get my side hustle started.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • xlr8quad
    Options
    Is this still available. Thank you
  • Faustin
    Options
    quote="xlr8quad;c-2662052"]Is this still available. Thank you[/quote]

Nope. If you go up a few comments you will see it was sold about a month ago.