Multiple MAGNIFI MAX SR Issues

Options
My wife and I are having multiple issues with our MAGNIFI MAX SR which was purchased earlier this year. The issues are well-documented by others, and we are increasingly frustrated.

Our WIFI router, Netgear Nighthawk R7000, is less than five years old as recommended. We have also very recently purchased and installed a Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender.

The issues include:

1. We were experiencing static from a rear speaker. We have re-synced the rear speakers multiple times without resolving the issue. We contacted Polk Customer Service, and they sent us a replacement rear speaker. We have not installed the replacement speaker, as the other rear speaker is also experiencing static. The issue is not with a single speaker.

2. We are unable to link the soundbar to Google Home. We have tried multiple times. We are just receiving the spinning icon, as are many others, and receive a message that it is unable to link. Customer Service was unable to help us.

3. The subwoofer has become un-synced to the soundbar. It was previously synced. We attempt the sync process: we press the sync button on the rear of the soundbar and we hear the first sync tone. The two green lights, sub and surround, blink. This is rapidly followed by a second chime, and the SUB light on the rear of the soundbar is solid. The light on the rear of the subwoofer continues to blink. Customer Service was unable to resolve the issue.

4. We have telephoned Customer Service multiple times. Due to the issues experienced, a new soundbar was also sent to us. We attempted to install the new soundbar this morning. The subwoofer still will not sync. We still cannot add Google Home. We have static in the rear speakers. We tried to add the soundbar to Google Home by having the soundbar in the same room as our wireless router. It did not work.

We have spent a great deal of time on the issues and have become very, very frustrated with our continuing multiple issues. We have telephoned Customer Service multiple times without resolution. We seek advice on how to proceed.

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,507
    Options
    I can certainly understand your frustration. I'll forward your post to my friend at Polk who is very adept at solving problems. Unfortunately he probably won't see my email until Tuesday because of the holiday weekend. Maybe just use the soundbar without the subwoofer and surround speakers until he can contact you via email? Hang in there I'm sure there's an answer to the issues.
  • PaulOinMA
    PaulOinMA Posts: 5
    Options
    Many thanks. Happy 4th!
  • PaulOinMA
    Options
    I have not been contacted. How long should I wait?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Let me check with him, I'm sure it's an oversight.
  • PaulOinMA
    Options
    Received the new system last Thursday afternoon, July 22. Many thanks.

Had a wedding to attend out-of-state over the weekend, so we haven't set it up yet. Will do it this weekend and post how it goes.

Have you ever seen the Frasier where Martin is given too much money from an ATM and he tries to return it and make it right? I sort of feel like that with the items we are being set to fix our issue. :)

https://frasier.fandom.com/wiki/Roe_to_Perdition

Again, many thanks. We'll post how it goes.
  • PaulOinMA
    Options
    Set up the replacement system last Saturday, July 31.

Subwoofer works. No popping so far in rear speakers. Both subwoofer and rears synched themselves. Voice was not synched with sound at the beginning, but is now.

Still couldn't sync system to my wife's phone when she tried. Haven't had an opportunity to call this week for assistance. Wondering if it is our phones or wireless router. Router is less than 5 years old, as recommended. Even bought a signal booster which is in the next room from the TV. Samsung phone is a few years old. Not 5G.

Would like to return the replacement items to Polk, if we could get shipping labels. Have the old system, a rear speaker, and a soundbar to return.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I don't believe they require them to be returned.