Ugly mugs!

DaveHo
DaveHo Posts: 3,489
I'm sure there's a buried thread somewhere, but let's get some updated shots! Don't know about you, but after reading a person's posts for a bit, I usually develop a mental image of them.
It's normally shattered once I see an actual pic. I'm not sure if I post enough to have anybody give a damn, but none the less I'll kick it off.
nm7svzwfc6bp.jpg

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,212
    Uuuuugh MY EYE'S MY EYE'S!!!!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,894
    I think “hideous mugs” would be a more accurate description.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,925
    Thread title checks out!
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,052
    Subject reminded me of the phrase "Ugly bags of mostly water"
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,572
    Kind of looks like a slightly unsuccessful attempt to clone The Light man (pat. pending)
    I mean that in a positive way.
    Sal Palooza
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,214
    ftbfpmm88z9x.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    edited June 2021
    Two of the sketchiest characters I've ever seen....

😉😉
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    Ron's the man, man.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,532
    edited June 2021
    BlueFox wrote: »
    A past Friday beer and Metal night.

05i0nfwe1q0a.jpeg

That's the face you see in the window of "Hotel California"...

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • txcoastal1
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Two of the sketchiest characters I've ever seen....

😉😉

For those wondering about the sombreros, It was Cinco de Mayo 2017. I had purchased a bunch for Lone Star Audio Fest

and that is Danny, @AsSiMiLaTeD with his Maggies
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• pitdogg2
    Looking good Carl, you can barely tell where the motar hit your face.. :D:D

How you doing brah?
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    Doing well Ivan! Working like a madman, I need to get back in the office. I am weary from working at home.
    Carl

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,321
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/184653/axpona-2019-schaumburg-il/p23

Page 22-23 and I think 27 or 28 has some pics with names.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Doing well Ivan! Working like a madman, I need to get back in the office. I am weary from working at home.

I hear that slot from those of our employees who state they've worked far more hours at home....unpaid for the extra and not being able to step away from the J O B
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,954
    My wife and I.qa8wiadbpbfd.jpg
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • txcoastal1
    Nice, is that Squaw Valley?

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,954
    It's in Canada, north of Vancouver in Whistler.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,788
    lightman1 wrote: »
    wc0uqzlw0m4n.jpg

I win.....

You're a weener, alright!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,489
    Yessir! I don't seem to have the genes to grow the Grizzly Adams level of facial hair!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,729
    zpn5lgclskg9.jpg

Me and my youngest daughter on vacation in Mexico a few weeks ago. Beauty and the beast. B)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Yessir! I don't seem to have the genes to grow the Grizzly Adams level of facial hair!

Fear the beard.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,788
    zpn5lgclskg9.jpg

Me and my youngest daughter on vacation in Mexico a few weeks ago. Beauty and the beast. B)

You shouldn't call your daughter a beast, dude. Not very dad-like.

Besides, they prefer the term uggos.

I think.

Maybe.

I wouldn't take my word for it.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!