Check out this rig

invalid
invalid Posts: 1,270
https://youtu.be/4b2IOOhJmxw

Anyone seen this video?

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Yes, amazing story and labor of love. Worth watching by non-audiophiles, alike, as an example of passions in life and pursuing a dream. Haven't confirmed but was posted on another audio site that the subject of the film was diagnosed with a debilitating disease and passed not too long after completing his dream.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Right before you buy something new for your audio hobby, show this video to your significant other. Then say "All I want is..."
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    His remarks at 37:00 and a little past reminds me of me!

I love clocks too! Don't know why...maybe the intricate innards that try to be precise. I like watches too!

His statements about debilitation hit home bigtime. You-all know my story. Being physically debilitated but your mind still has plans and ideas it hopes to accomplish when things get better scenario.

I like his mind and body connection philosophy. The mind thinks and the body does. If one or the other stops working, the other suffers. I know it well!

I'm at just past the 37 minute mark and am going back to finish now.

I'm so glad that man had that PASSION and the funds to pursue his DREAM SYSTEM.

I'm pretty sure he experienced the music and movies in that room. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    That video really moved me.

He dreamed of things that never were.

Now those things are a reality because of his dreams.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    I've got wood...
  • Tony M
    I'd like to hear some Led Zeppelin on that system. :p
  • pitdogg2
    He has good taste he bought an OPPO 205....
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270

He has good taste he bought krell power
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    This was definitely very moving. I actually read a post on this topic on another forum,were the poster said he should have planned better for his illness. I was so dumbfounded,I didn't know how to reply to that. Are people really that insensitive??
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited June 2021
    Hate to bring such a wonderful thread down...but here's a more recent update and, as of 17 May, he is still keeping on, keeping on. He was diagnosed w/ALS and, as of the following video, is living the w/the cruelty of it. Appears to still have a positive attitude and appreciation for the years since completing his project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfuIKh1UaGU&t=342s

Tony M, as you've stated re. your health, you appear to have a positive attitude, too. I admire that in both you and Mr. Fritz.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    One word, incredible.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    edited June 2021
    JayCee wrote: »
    Hate to bring such a wonderful thread down...but here's a more recent update and, as of 17 May, he is still keeping on, keeping on. He was diagnosed w/ALS and, as of the following video, is living the w/the cruelty of it. Appears to still have a positive attitude and appreciation for the years since completing his project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfuIKh1UaGU&t=342s

Tony M, as you've stated re. your health, you appear to have a positive attitude, too. I admire that in both you and Mr. Fritz.

ALS is evil.

His ALS seemed to have started at 75+.

Sad to see what it does.

He was so glad he didn't waste his life and he's so glad now that his body is failing, he still has his mind...
    AND his music playing through a system and in a room he helped create from his visions.

I liked when he said "without music...life is meaningless".

Maybe Krell. Scanspeak and the other companies can build a Ken Fritz remembrance listening room at Krell's headquarters or somewhere else when the time comes.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Without words.

Very inspirational on many levels.
    Sal Palooza
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Incredible
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Extremely well made video. What a great story. Wishing Mr. Fritz all the best.
    Very impressive quality of the build that went into that room!
    Thank you for sharing this.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    That room is bigger than a lot of four bedroom houses. :)

Mr Fritz obviously has a lifetime of knowledge and skills combined with a love for conceiving and building unique things. It sounded like he spent a decade or more perfecting that turntable. Among a whole lot of things in the room I liked that the two big grandfather clocks had synchronized pendulums.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    I was under the Impression that he had passed. People with drive like that,really put me and my minuscule problems in perspective.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    He's a true audiophile. Although he's said this is his last audio system and he's spent many years working on it, if he had another twenty years I suspect he'd still be improving it until the end. Towards the end of the news story I think he was saying he had a 20 TB hard drive for digital music while he was scrolling through the collection. That's got to be fairly recent. Rock on Mr Fritz!
  • pitdogg2
    Emlyn wrote: »
    He's a true audiophile. Although he's said this is his last audio system and he's spent many years working on it, if he had another twenty years I suspect he'd still be improving it until the end. Towards the end of the news story I think he was saying he had a 20 TB hard drive for digital music while he was scrolling through the collection. That's got to be fairly recent. Rock on Mr Fritz!

I'm guessing that he had to (music server) due to the ALS.