Spatial Audio on Apple

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,057
Hello all,
Some of you maybe old enough to watch all the different formats of music we had over the decades. SACD DVD AUDIO HD Audio just to name a few. These formats tried to expand our enjoyment of music but failed as they didn't bring in enough different Genres to explore these awesome technologies.
5.1 Music was a thing and I really wished it took off.

So today Apple Released Spatial Audio and Lossless Streaming Audio. I demo'd it today on my system which they have Atmos tracks already in Apple Music Library and a TON of Lossless stuff you probably already have in your Library.

I think it's awesome that someone in the industry keeps trying to get this to do. Using Dolby Atmos is just another level of sonic perfection and using it for music is Genius.

Apple TV 4k had an update and now it's included.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Bump
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited June 2021
    Options
    If it's the same as Tidals 360 reality audio then yeah it's a pretty cool gimmick bought a pair of Sony's 360 capable cans I enjoy it. Not sure if Apple's offerings are similar.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    Missed this the first time around. 😬 I knew lossless streaming was coming to Apple Music in June, but didn’t know it had already launched.

I haven’t tried listening to anything on my tv 4K yet so I can’t comment. My system is only 5.1 and I have no plans to go for Atmos at the moment. Not sure what the limitations or requirements are for lossless. Not using AirPlay is probably one of them.

Here’s a link to the basic information from Apple:

Alea jacta est!
  • jbail2011
    jbail2011 Posts: 102
    Options
    I’m a fan!
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3 TL
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2 x2
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i