How far apart you guys running your sda

VR3
VR3 Posts: 27,970
Been a long time since I've had a pair in the house, running the 1.2tl now. I started at 9 ft apart and much prefer 7ft apart, very curious how far apart you guys are running
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    When I had SDAs usually a little closer together than the distance from the center point between the speakers to the ears. Ten feet away would be about six to eight feet apart from the inside edges.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    My 2.3tl are at 7' also

• VR3
    Gotcha, sounds great at 7 ft. I need to work on getting the spikes installed next
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    6 feet apart inside to inside edge, sitting 9 feet back.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    I just picked up my first pair of SDAs and look forward to trying different locations.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • VR3
    Just installed spikes and leveled, will look to listen again tomorrow time willing!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009

8 1/2' center to center.

Being able to place my couch at the triangular distance point, I can now enjoy the magic again. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • jonicont
    jonicont Posts: 277
    8’ tweeter to tweeter, 8’ tweeter to ear
    SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited June 2021
    2.3's are 8 feet apart measured from center of each speaker. Seated 12 feet away from front of speakers. Probably a little too far back, but best place for the furniture. Room is approx. 16' X 17' and carpeted.

SDA 1C's are in another more rectangular large room along a long wall 11 feet apart with listening location about 10 feet back. This room has hardwood flooring with a small area rug. Sounds good also.
    Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    1.2tl's are 6' apart tweeter to tweeter. I'd love to spread them out more but keeping them at least 3' from the sidewalls is important. Listening distance varies from 6-9' back.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    My 1.2tls are 12' apart, center to center, and the center of each is 12' from my listening position. Yes, an equilateral triangle!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    SDA-SRS's 6 feet apart 9 feet away.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    my 2Bs are 7' 6" tweeter to tweeter, chair is apprx 10' from soundstage center point.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    I always found that putting them closer together was a good thing.....the farther apart they are, I find the mid's and upper bass get a bit muddier. May just be me though...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • VR3
    Agreed, the father apart the more off axis you are from the tweeters and mids since you don't angle them in
  • jbail2011
    jbail2011 Posts: 102
    My 2.3 TL are sounding awesome 7 feet apart and 9 feet away.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3 TL
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2 x2
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • Inscrutabl0915
    Inscrutabl0915 Posts: 47
    edited June 2021
    Using this rack they are 5’8” clear between cabinets (and 5” to back wall), but only give me 19” clear to sidewalls. Will try moving out rack and reduce to 5’-0” giving me 23” to sidewalls. Still not what I’d like and used to have in a bigger room, but best I can do right now.
    zrczdws1lzyz.jpeg
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    6 feet-7-3/4 inches apart, inside edge to inside edge. My head is 12 feet back from the center point of the speaker front plane.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    My 3.1's that you did the crossovers on are about six feet apart from inside edge to inside edge. That way I can have them three feet from the sidewalls measured from the outside edge.