Options
Bought some. Shipping soon. Stay tuned.

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Reported!
    Impersonation. Everyone here knows the real Russ doesn't actually use audio gear, only collects it in various warehouses around North and South America.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Reported!
    Impersonation. Everyone here knows the real Russ doesn't actually use audio gear, only collects it in various warehouses around North and South America.

False I've seen it with my own eye's.

One for each rig Russ or you going stereo subs?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    He's going stereo. Gawddamned bass heads.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Congratulations brother! I love my pair in the living room! Brings movies to a new level !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • guyincognito
    guyincognito Posts: 128
    Options
    Did you get the new sb1000 pro line? The app based tools they added are pretty handy for integration on a 2 channel system. I have an sb4000 and have friends with the sb1000, sb2000 pro and sb3000 subs and we are all very happy.

I have another pal with smaller room system built around Dynaudio Special 40's that is looking to add a stereo pair of the new SVS micro 3000 subs. Good stuff.
    Rega Planar 8, Apheta 3 MC , Aria mk2 Phono
    Aurender n100h, Benchmark DAC2 HGC
    Arcam SR250, Parasound JC5
    Revel F208, SVS SB-4000
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    n9cngsrxo8xd.jpg

It's a sturdy little rascal. Haven't gone in depth with it....placement, EQ etc.
    But right out of the box it packs a punch.
    The app is easy to navigate and has all the necessary features to fine tune.
    I'll fiddle around with it for a while and see how it reacts to different placement and might spike it for pewps and giggles.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Its cute!!!

I bet it throws down though. The new Micro 3000 is very interesting
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I'm a bit more curious about that wall vent behind. Seems I've seen a few in old haunted house movies. Something is either coming out of those things, or being dragged in. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Congrats Russ. Now where is the review at?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    I'm a bit more curious about that wall vent behind. Seems I've seen a few in old haunted house movies. Something is either coming out of those things, or being dragged in. :)

That is where he keeps that little ankle biter he has...
  • lightman1
    Options

Ha! Creepy old furnace makes some haunting noises at times.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Ha! Creepy old furnace makes some haunting noises at times.

Don’t blame those noises on the furnace....I blame those on the dog
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    Options
    Welp.......
    I'm impressed. After some time setting them up and putting them through the paces I gotta say bang for the buck not much will surpass these.
    Easy peasy set up right out of the box. I chose the black ash finish. Easy on the eyes and doesn't scream "Look at me!". Perfect. About a 14" cube with nice rounded over edges. Nice fabric grills. Nothing fussy about them at all.
    Got the control app loaded up and played around with it. It has all the basic tuning functions and easy to access. Volume. Low pass crossover setting. Pre loaded curves for music, movies, voice etc. You can also tweak for nulls and spikes in the room correction section. Damn handy.
    Several PEQ curves that can be tweaked to your liking and stored to memory as well.
    Using the sub out on the Cambridge pre and used a splitter to send the signal to the low level inputs. It also has a single LFE input for use with an AVR and speaker level inputs. Versatile options are a plus.
    Then using the RCA outs to the second sub. Yep.....stereo subs....I've lost my mind.

Whipping out the standard speaker beater tracks like September by Earth Wind and Fire. Fast! The disco beat kick drums never wavered. The room never "loaded" with standing waves with a little fine tuning. Put on some Deadmau5 tracks and they handled it with no problem.
    I'll be back with more in depth findings B)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    qkboz7iadtpv.gif
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    qkboz7iadtpv.gif

😆 I gots money! Let's roll!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Nice report, Russ. That DSP functionality sounds great.

Interesting option, daisychaining the second sub.

Do you have them both set identically, or did you tune them individually?

You know, sometimes I forget you actually know stuff about audio.
    I disabled signatures.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Yep great review Russ, thx! Great ur digging em. I love my little diy stereo subs...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Curtain Shaker or Bass I love You.
    Then I can help you fumigate the place when their amps go supernova! :D
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Great review Russ. Glad to see you are enjoying da bass.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Well... This ain't a fancy glossy magazine review. Leave any biased expectation at the door and enjoy the music.
    Don't expect them to blow the doors off your house. They won't.
    If you want them to blend in with whatever your 5 or 2.1 HT without trying to disembowl you.. These will do well.
    I've got some oldass gear on the front end and Spotify as a source. Mind you this is the casual non critical hear music while cooking dinner system. Sumbitch sounds phenomenal.
    I'll type more later.

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    @lightman1

“Yep.....stereo subs....I've lost my mind.“

Maybe you’ve found it. 😁
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    Very Interesting indeed. I just added a pair of these on my epay watch list. I keep getting the urge to upgrade the HSU stf 1's in my listening room. Hmmmmmmmm.....................
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • guyincognito
    guyincognito Posts: 128
    Options
    A pair of the HSU ULS-15 MK2 would be a contender to me if I could swing dual subs.

https://www.hsuresearch.com/products/uls-15mk2.html
    Rega Planar 8, Apheta 3 MC , Aria mk2 Phono
    Aurender n100h, Benchmark DAC2 HGC
    Arcam SR250, Parasound JC5
    Revel F208, SVS SB-4000
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    Good job Russ!

I’m trying to convince my brother to buy a 1000 also
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound