Tesla losing market share to Ford

BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
The new electric Mustang is eating into Tesla’s market share.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/business/ford-mustang-mach-e-tesla-market-share/index.html
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,271
    Kex wrote: »
    Oh, so you are in favor of restoring California’s right to control its own emissions standards then?! Good to know! 🤔

Worked out really well in TX for electricity too! 👍

You do realize Texas had a snow storm, which nobody would have had the foresight to prepare for. How often does Texas see those kind of temps. So much for global warming.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    invalid wrote: »
    Oh, so you are in favor of restoring California’s right to control its own emissions standards then?! Good to know! 🤔

Worked out really well in TX for electricity too! 👍

You do realize Texas had a snow storm, which nobody would have had the foresight to prepare for. How often does Texas see those kind of temps. So much for global warming.

Texas is not the only state with deregulated power. California is one of the few states that have no choice at all.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,491
    Please don’t confuse weather with climate. A snowstorm is weather.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    maxward wrote: »
    Please don’t confuse weather with climate. A snowstorm is weather.

So is a hurricane, and an F5 tornado...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,491
    True. I’m outta here, for now.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,271
    anonymouse wrote: »
    The good news is we are on track to EVs. GM has fully committed, and most others have too. Those that do not, soon will. Probably will not affect you climate deniers on this thread as you drive your ICE vehicles to your graves. So good on you. Your kids will buy EVs - they will not have a choice. Thanks to people smarter and more educated on what is good for our planet. Have a great day :)[/quote

There are also a lot of educated people on the other side of this that don't agree with the narrative, but they don't get government money.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    invalid wrote: »
    anonymouse wrote: »
    The good news is we are on track to EVs. GM has fully committed, and most others have too. Those that do not, soon will. Probably will not affect you climate deniers on this thread as you drive your ICE vehicles to your graves. So good on you. Your kids will buy EVs - they will not have a choice. Thanks to people smarter and more educated on what is good for our planet. Have a great day :)[/quote

There are also a lot of educated people on the other side of this that don't agree with the narrative, but they don't get government money.

It’s tax payers money ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Go to bed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    In before this get's a lock too...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Those must be small wine glasses. I only get two and a half glasses from a bottle of wine. :)
    Cheers Bud! 🥂

I don’t think we’re using the same glasses! 😂

mbzjhpr6wv7m.gif
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Those must be small wine glasses. I only get two and a half glasses from a bottle of wine. :)
    Cheers Bud! 🥂

I don’t think we’re using the same glasses! 😂

mbzjhpr6wv7m.gif

Close. :)

bdwej9qo54i1.jpeg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Yikes! 😳

That’s a terrible wine glass, Bud! You’re really missing out using that. 😱
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueFox
    I don't think so. I got tired of traditional, unstable wine glasses. They are too easy to accidentally knock over. This glass works fine, the wine breathes, and tastes excellent. In fact, I think I will have a glass now. Cheers.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    And now a brief word from our sponsors

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V-cZ3wIVQKM
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    I've noticed, with some amusement, the trend in recent years towards stemless wine glasses -- which I presume allow oenophiles to get incrementally more hammered without fear of breaking their stemware (which might curtail their quaffing).

5tu3k5p2sfpq.png
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    "Quaffing" ?!?!

Can you say that on here ? 😳
    Sal Palooza
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    somethings going to change.
    I just don't know that is going to be EV.
    I don't hate the idea. But the tech used to support it is awful.
    A better battery is needed. Current battery choices are
    as dirty as it gets. Instead of constant emissions, it's all bad
    at the beginning and end of the battery's life.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,137
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    somethings going to change.
    I just don't know that is going to be EV.
    I don't hate the idea. But the tech used to support it is awful.
    A better battery is needed. Current battery choices are
    as dirty as it gets. Instead of constant emissions, it's all bad
    at the beginning and end of the battery's life.

Yeah and what is the so called "carbon footprint" of that vehicle over its lifetime? How many battery changes will have to be made and what is the ecological impact of manufacturing and disposing of those? Most people also ignore the fact that most of our electricity production in this country is still very dirty and inefficient.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 2021
    "Quaffing" ?!?!

Can you say that on here ? 😳

I ain't seein' no Vanilla-nanny asterisks. :#
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    True about US electricity production and how it relates potentially to EVs. Norway made a committment back well before the 1960s to move to take advantage of their geography to produce abundant hydroelectric power. Today they essentially have free access to electricity with 95 to 98 percent of it coming from hydroelectric facilities. At the time Norway was a relatively poor agricultural and fishing dominated country. Oil and gas wealth came after the hydroelectric power decisions were made. Norway's government is essentially incentivizing moving to EVs as an econonic policy through tax policies. They sell the oil and gas because they don't need as much of it anymore. They also don't produce vehicles so the environmental impact of vehicle and battery production is not borne in Norway.

Norway is similar in population size to South Carolina but most electricity in South Carolina comes from nuclear power and a small amount of hydroelectric. I think the dams in southern states are more more for flood control because of tropical storms and electricity is a side benefit.
  • mhardy6647
    I am not sure we'll ever get an electrochemical cell that is safe, stable, and affords the kind of energy density that is required in a self-propelled vehicle. Gasoline is really good in these respects (even in terms of safety and stability -- as it is all relative).

I think (FWIW, and as others have also opined), like it or not, the future will feature platooned, intelligent, "on demand" EVs that one summons and they come and take you where you want to go, when you want to go. They'll manage themselves intelligently, getting charged when they need to get charged (sort of like takin' a nap on the job).

The alternative would be standardized battery packs that can be quickly swapped in and out at a service station (you know, by guys wearin' pinstripe coveralls and bow ties).

l157csijgzsl.png

It just doesn't make a lot of sense, at any level, for most (!!!) people to take on the expense, and risk, of buying, operating, and maintaining a vehicle that spends most of its existince sitting in a garage or a parking lot.

Of course (!!!!) some folks will need a powerful, dependable vehicle -- contractors, ranchers, e.g. The hordes of office and service economy workers... just... don't. Objectively speaking.

And, yeah, I/we own two cars, both resolutely I/C, too -- but I think that the allure of owning any sort of vehicle will die with the Boomer generation.

"The change of the guard".

https://youtu.be/zL-4CH0eJBc
    (great song, with a typically great guitar solo in the middle of it, too)
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,137
    The devil's in the details. Pointing out facts is not equivalent to being a luddite.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform