Help! Definitive Technology Mythos ST

Options
Hi guys,

I’m in big problems here in Sweden as i can not get any amp board to my Mythos ST. I can’t even get it repaired. Do you know where i can turn to? Def Tech in US don’t have any amp boards either.

I guess it is the amp board as the Sub doesnt sound at all even When i use the LFE input. The lamp on the back indicates that it has Power in atleast.

Can you point me in the right direction on where to turn to? Buy new board or Repair? Could it be the crossover?

Please help me out!

Thanks

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    flodgrisen wrote: »
    No one?

I am assuming that you are posting on a def tech board and have contacted United sound? There are places that repair def tech amps in the states. @VR3 knows of one I think...also @mantis might have an idea...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I got both my amps serviced through Def Tech here in America. I wonder if you can do the same thing? Maybe not a bad idea to call them maybe they can direct you in the right direction.
    Both my Sub amps failed as it's a common thing to happen. Funny one of my amps failed by picking up transmissions from one of my Wireless Access Points. I have a Commercial level Network in my house and one of my Access Points was mounted in my Master Bed Closet which is right on the other side of which my Right channel Def Tech Mythos ST was sitting. It didn't do weird things like a typical Sub would do when playing other than the signal sent to it.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.