SRS2 crossover ?

So I just acquired a pair of SRS 2 pin/blade connection. The serial numbers are below the cut off for safe use of an AI 1 interface.
What exactly is the difference between the lower serial numbers and the higher ones?
Anything I can do to mine to make them compatible with the AI 1?

Thanks!
Stubby
Polk SDA SRS 2A
Aragon 8008X3
Aragon Soundstage
Multiple Digital Sources

Comments

• Apologies. I am the same old stubby that's been here for like 20 years.
    Polk SDA SRS 2A
    Aragon 8008X3
    Aragon Soundstage
    Multiple Digital Sources
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    @KennethSwauger can help restore your old account
  • That's great to know! Thanks Ken.
    Polk SDA SRS 2A
    Aragon 8008X3
    Aragon Soundstage
    Multiple Digital Sources
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    stubby2 wrote: »
    So I just acquired a pair of SRS 2 pin/blade connection. The serial numbers are below the cut off for safe use of an AI 1 interface.
    What exactly is the difference between the lower serial numbers and the higher ones?

Thanks!
    Stubby

I'm not entirely sure. I suggest you compare the internal wire connections and crossover against the schematic for the later version, which is posted here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• That will probably be my best bet, F1. I was just hoping someone from the brain trust would ring in with the info. Lazy me!
    Polk SDA SRS 2A
    Aragon 8008X3
    Aragon Soundstage
    Multiple Digital Sources
  • F1nut
    It's likely to do with the blade connection, but there's no schematic for your speakers.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    edited February 2021
    Huh?

WHAT "cut off for safe use of an AI1 interface"?

Are you thinking of the SDA-2Bs, some of which got the old blade/blade connector, and were missing about a foot of wire inside? Some SDA 1Cs also got the older connector, and were also missing about a foot of wire inside the cabinet. Far as I know, that never happened to the SRS 2 pin/blade.

In fact, the "pin/blade" part tells me you're good to go already.
    Far as I know, there's no reason why your SRS 2 pin/blade can't be used with the isolation transformer as-is.

If there is a problem, I want to know about it 'cause it's news to me.
  • F1nut
    cpq41do637mg.jpg

President of Club Polk

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    edited February 2021
    Well, don't I feel silly.

I've been so focused on the "note" at the bottom that I've forgotten that the CRS, SRS, and SRS 2 were included in the main part at the top.

I'm gonna have to dig my SRS 2s out, and see what the serial numbers are.

Wild Guess: They need about a foot of wire inside the cabinet.

• Schurkey wrote: »
    Are you thinking of the SDA-2Bs, some of which got the old blade/blade connector, and were missing about a foot of wire inside?

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I am curious about the missing foot of wire in early 2B. I have a pair of 2B with blade/blade connectors that I believe match this description. I don't have an A1 or Dreadnaught at this point so its not critical, but I'm always looking to learn more about my speakers. Is there a thread or post that you know of that goes in to more detail? Thanks!
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • Here's a look at the wiring. The blade wire jumps to the positive input. ts59hr2tmqk3.jpg
    Looks the same as the wiring on an SRS 3.1 TL crossover.
    The caps aren't bulging but I plan on replacing them as well as the resistors. q5v6yzrl2bab.jpg
    Polk SDA SRS 2A
    Aragon 8008X3
    Aragon Soundstage
    Multiple Digital Sources
  • Sorry, the blade jumps to a NEGATIVE input.
    Polk SDA SRS 2A
    Aragon 8008X3
    Aragon Soundstage
    Multiple Digital Sources
  • F1nut
    I'm not seeing anything obvious that would prevent using the AI-1 or Dreadnought.

President of Club Polk

• Thanks F1, I feel pretty confident about the situation. The DOM on the passive is January 1988, if that helps.
    Polk SDA SRS 2A
    Aragon 8008X3
    Aragon Soundstage
    Multiple Digital Sources