Mounting glass shelves

Options
So being the cheap bastages that we are, we bought this cabinet at an outlet for 63% off. Some imperfections, but main problem is that it was missing the glass shelves. Getting replacement shelves made was easy, the hard part for me is figuring out how to mount them. Any ideas? Thx fellas!
cayzxrik15p0.jpeg
fwh9xh0iy3nt.jpeg
Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
Game Room 5.1.4:
Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    Try to find some shelf pins/pegs that fit that size of opening. The head should fit into the circular part and slide down. Also could have soft plastic sleeves on them to protect the glass. If Home Depot or Lowes don’t have them, there are others out there, like Rockler.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    So being the cheap bastages that we are.....

I knew there was a reason I liked you :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    The doors don't line up. Try leveling the cabinet to correct that.

I've seen thousands of various cabinets, bookcases, shelving units, etc, but nothing with that keyhole type shelf support. Let me look around.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Ok, there doesn't seem to be anything purpose made, so use machine screws or bolts. The head size should fit through the larger hole and have enough of a flat shoulder to prevent it from pulling out when positioned in the lower opening. Use clear plastic tubing to cover the part of the screw or bolt that will actually support the shelf.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    Good idea there, and cheap.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    oic, I was gonna tell you that you should probably get a girlfriend.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thx Jesse! That seemed to work. The wife will be happy with it. Here is what I went with:
    yaf1vk7ondw4.jpeg
    80vph7chg53y.jpeg

As for the doors, the cabinet is level. They’re not budging. That was the other main imperfection. My wife is very picky but also very cheap, ya never know which one will win out 😂
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Good job! What are you going to put inside it?
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Good job! What are you going to put inside it?

Thx! She will put whatever she wants in it 😂
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,046
    edited January 2021
    Options
    "Yes honey, I did buy that <audio_thing>.
    Got a better discount on it than we got on your shelf cabinet" !!

Only once though.
    Choose wisely.

• F1nut
    edited January 2021
    Options
    The nut was a good idea.

As for the door, I'd maybe try shims on the hinge pins and/or whacking a few of the bottom hinges inward, which will raise the left side of the door upwards. Take the glass out first if you do any whacking.

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I wonder if you can find some black rubber plugs that you can slide over the threaded bolt to sit the glass on??

Or some small black tubing/hose??
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing Mr. Toolfan
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I wonder if you can find some black rubber plugs that you can slide over the threaded bolt to sit the glass on??

Not sure what you mean Larry? Do you have a link or pic? Thanks! Paul
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59
    Options
    So being the cheap bastages that we are.....

I knew there was a reason I liked you :wink:

$1500 piece for $450. It was hard to pass up! the shelves only cost $150.
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Not sure what you mean Larry? Do you have a link or pic? Thanks! Paul
    I think he means something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/SBDs-Pack-10-Flexible-Protector/dp/B07BVCBS71?ref_=ws_cp_69a2500c76b33b2566fc_p_2_t_p
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    ^^^that

Or just simply like black tubing from the auto store. Fit the bolt diameter little 1/4"-1/2" in length. Just to have bolt on rubber instead of metal glass contact.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Looks like there is heatshrink or the like on the threads already.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Guess you're correct. My first look I just thought it was a Black bolt. my second look I now can see the silver underneath whatever that is black on there so I am going to say you're probably correct it shrink tubing.
  • F1nut
    Options
    They don't call me eagle eyes for nothing. B)

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    Options
    They don't call me eagle eyes for nothing. B)

I know what they really call you....

B)B)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    Options

Yep, I see it now as well, I was thinking they were black zinc.. Good eye.. I was thinking what hermitism posted..

• rooftop59
    Options

Yep that’s it! I think it’s good now, but I’ll know for sure once something gets put in there!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    The nut was a good idea. Take the glass out first if you do any whacking.

If you are gonna be whacking who is gonna fix the door? If you take out the glass post a video.