Argento

Options
Anyone have experience with these? Marvin turned me to them but have not yet met anyone with experience or opinions.

Reading their website it seems as if they are very particular about using the same material in their connectors as their conductors.

Not sure how these would compare to my AQ Wel sc.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa4jda-argento-audio-flow-speakers-cables-2-meters-speaker

https://www.musicalartisans.com/argento

Probably a more custom build.
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    @marvda1
    What do you think of these specifically
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    I don't know anything about these, but that leather case is simple and classy. A nice touch.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    edited January 2021
    Options
    this is their entry level silver, i haven't done any study on them because there's no way i can afford them. i use their organic line (copper).
    boy, you're jumping in the deep end. here's a link to their web site, i sent you the organic site.
    https://www.argento.dk/products.aspx#Flow

for what it's worth there are tons of counterfeit argentos on ebay.
    Post edited by marvda1 on
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Joey_V
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    this is their entry level silver, i haven't done any study on them because there's no way i can afford them. i use their organic line (copper).
    boy, you're jumping in the deep end. here's a link to their web site, i sent you the organic site.
    https://www.argento.dk/products.aspx#Flow

for what it's worth there are tons of counterfeit argentos on ebay.

I figured they were counterfeit
    It’s like $400 haha
  • Joey_V
    Options
    I don't know anything about these, but that leather case is simple and classy. A nice touch.

I thought the same thing

My wels come in a pizza box
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    edited January 2021
    Options
    i would start with the organic reference and since you get two years full credit trade up, play around with the argento silvers later. of course that is a good price if you can use the length of the ones from audiogon.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Joey_V
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    i would start with the organic reference and since you get two years full credit trade up, play around with the argento silvers later. of course that is a good price if you can use the length of the ones from audiogon.

When wires start to cost the same as components... one must think twice.

But I will say yes, by looking through the website, they seem to be fantastic cables.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Their look reminds me of stealth cable. Very pricey they are, 5k to 30k
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Their look reminds me of stealth cable. Very pricey they are, 5k to 30k

Yeah. At some point when the cables are that expensive, it’s only a feasible option if everything else is already at maximum.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Assuming the cables are worth that price ($30k), and not just trying to separate someone from his money.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Assuming the cables are worth that price ($30k), and not just trying to separate someone from his money.
    Correct
  • VR3
    Options
    I met the owner and let's just say he was very proud of what he does haha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Joey_V
    Options
  • VR3
    Options
  • Joey_V
    Options
    I passed out a long time ago
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Fixed it.
    Joey_V wrote: »
    For the price... angels better come sing twice a week for at least a year.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa3b57-nordost-odin-2-balanced-interconnects-interconnects

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Joey_V
    edited January 2021
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Fixed it.
    Joey_V wrote: »
    For the price... angels better come sing twice a week for at least a year.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa3b57-nordost-odin-2-balanced-interconnects-interconnects

Only 104x in a year?

Ok fine.