Adam's Polishes CS3

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
Ok,
I have been using this stuff on and off since it came out. I have tried others like it and found some good products out there. My Latest adventure has been Turtle wax of all companies to make a comeback but they make good stuff from the ICE line and up.

BUT Every single time I come back to CS3 , I tell myself " It's the ONE , it's the BE ALL END LL " it's what works for me etc etc etc.

CS3 is a product that has multiple roles. 1 it can be a Topper to a Ceramic Coating and last around 1 to 2 months. 2 - it's a detail spray and all the uses of a Detail spray like touch ups , drying aid and just a killer gloss enhancer. 3 it's a Waterless Wash and Wax or better put protectant. This stuff if your car is light dusty or dirty , you can basically give your car a waterless wash. NOW before you run out and do this PLEASE learn how to properly do a waterless wash or you will scratch the living hell out of your paint. If you have dirt where you are questioning a full wash, then do a full wash. But CS3 in a professionals hand can clean a car pretty well with very light dust and dirt. It is so slick you would think someone put some oil in it. In the bottle it's thin but when you use it it feels very thick. It leaves a layer of protection like you just spend 1/2 the day waxing. Incredible product.

I used it on my White Durango and now on my Black Charger. I clean my Pitch Black Charger with no fear of swirling scratching or leaving anything left behind. ALSO you must use high quality microfiber towels with a thickness of 350-600 range super soft like a feather pillow. If you don't have towels like that then don't waterless wash. You can also use a Waffle Towel but again must be stupid soft stupid clean stupid like new condition or don't bother.

Just wanted to Share the one product in my Arsnel that is my Gem , my heart and soul my everything when it comes to the final word in my shine and protection.

I have not washed my car in 3 1/2 weeks. And all I did was give her a little touch up with CS3.
y9jcc9vyb7b1.jpeg
jrc8qfq2kde2.jpeg
fmyg0s41lkcz.jpeg
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    How would you compare durability vs. Ceramic Boost? I use the Boost about every 3rd wash.
  • mantis
    Options
    I haven't used Ceramic Boost But I'm willing to be it's close. CS3 can last 2 months pretty easy. It's pretty durable. I don't wait that long to re apply. I like to do it once a month. I use Regular Detail spray for a drying agent during regular washes. I'm super anal about all my cars finishes.
    Dan
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Dan, all of your stuff is well organized.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mantis
    Options
    Thanks it's gonna be a lot better this spring. I'm re doing the garge floor walls and adding some more Craftsman storage units.
    Dan
  • charley96
    Options
    Adam is a master marketer but I just use what works best for me. H20 every wash as a drying agent. I never really cared for his detail spray or his polishes. I've used Glare polishes which has out performed all of them. I also use his ceramic spray and will try the Graphene coating when I use up the C spray. Fortunately, my bud spends thousands on his product and always tells me what to stay away from in the Adam's line.
  • mantis
    Options
    I use to use H20 and switched to CS3, its way better and way easier to use.

I have have 0 issues with any Adam's product. None of them I have used didn't perform up to the expectation set. I'm also a retired Detailer and know how to use said products and know whaat to expect. I'm curious what he told you to stay away from? I basically have been through the entire line except the Tire dressing. I have used Tire Armor and VRT which both are excellent prodcuts. Tire Armor is so good it lasts well over 6 months on my tires. I had to scrub it off with Tire and Wheel cleaner after 7 months of being on my tires. I wanted to try out different dressings but Tire Armor just stayed on forever. It also would not take anything on top of it as it just repelled everything as it was supposed to do. Great stuff.

I haven't heard of Glare Polishes but I'll have to look over their line.
    Dan
  • charley96
    Options
    He essentially told me to stay away from the polish line itself since they didn't perform as good as Glare. He introduced them to me back in 14. Their marketing is pretty crappy and they sound more like a 'as seen on tv' type of outfit. Their products work for him and myself but, maybe not everyone. I'm still using the same 12 oz. bottles I bought in 14. He's a master detailer IMO and I always scratch my head p3lky14vxzp5.jpg
    every time I see his cars. I just don't see how their product can be faulted with my results.
  • charley96
    Options
    Product is something that can be argued till the cows come home. The market is flooded with so many choices. It's best to use whatever works for each individual.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Last fall I decided to give Turtle Wax Hybrid ceramics a try after liking their other products for a few years. I jumped in feet first and bought the entire lineup (it's only 5 products, don't be too impressed...), and was immediately pleased with the results I got. Well, the wash was a bit disappointing but I didn't bother to read the website so that's on me. But a word of advice, don't waste it using it in a foam cannon; it does not foam up at all. I ended up using about 6 oz of the stuff on the max setting and could not get it to cover the car. So I tried the Ice Snow Foam wash instead, and it made the car look like an ice cream sundae on wheels. Good stuff and not a ton of $$$.

So last month I get an email from TW, saying they now offer a Hybrid Solutions Pro Line, and I'm wondering if I should invest in that, though it is a lot more money. Maybe once the near-new stuff I have runs out....
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mantis
    Options
    charley96 wrote: »
    Product is something that can be argued till the cows come home. The market is flooded with so many choices. It's best to use whatever works for each individual.
    I can agree with that to a point. Some products are superior in many ways and some are flat out crap. It's is expectation that sets these bars.

Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Last fall I decided to give Turtle Wax Hybrid ceramics a try after liking their other products for a few years. I jumped in feet first and bought the entire lineup (it's only 5 products, don't be too impressed...), and was immediately pleased with the results I got. Well, the wash was a bit disappointing but I didn't bother to read the website so that's on me. But a word of advice, don't waste it using it in a foam cannon; it does not foam up at all. I ended up using about 6 oz of the stuff on the max setting and could not get it to cover the car. So I tried the Ice Snow Foam wash instead, and it made the car look like an ice cream sundae on wheels. Good stuff and not a ton of $$$.

So last month I get an email from TW, saying they now offer a Hybrid Solutions Pro Line, and I'm wondering if I should invest in that, though it is a lot more money. Maybe once the near-new stuff I have runs out....
    It's just like this hobby man. I did that stupid stuff with wire over the last few decades buying every kind of wire I could get my hands on to test all those theories behind them.

With Detailing products I have done the same thing. I purchased entire lines from many companies and tried them all out over about 6 or 7 cars now.

Turtle Wax my Son and I decided to jump in on the ICE line. That line is the one that has all the Hype behind it and rightfully so. For the money I think I can safely say they are one of the top brands on the market. Sure there are some better things from other companies but they all cost more. So value Turtle wax is king.

Their ICE spray wax is almost as good as CS3 from Adams at a fraction of the cost. So what's really better? To me I will spend money where I feel the value is there. So CS3 is a better product for me ,I like the shine I like how it works I like everything about it and the cost doesn't effect me. I buy it by the gallon.

Turtle Wax now has another brand new line and I watched all the videos on it and want to go get it. I'm sure my son or I will break down and come home with the entire line.

It's really like everything else I'm into , I go deep and then go deeper. I have this desire to know everything about it.
    Dan
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I have been having good luck with Chemical Guys stuff. Maybe when my gallons of their stuff diminishes , I will try some Adams stuff? I will see if I can get any more shine and protection on my 13 year old Tundra?
    Love yours. Dcz3kvln71o3m.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    @mantis It's not stupid, it's letting your trials and experiences determine what's good/better/best; nothing wrong with that no matter what you're doing.
    And I say this with all sincerity, I started seriously considering getting into detailing (well, my version of it, anyway) because of posts I read here, and seeing how much knowledge there is on this forum. Once I started hearing compliments on how good my vehicles looked from people at work, I knew I had found myself a new and worthwhile hobby.

@Dabutcher that truck looks amazing, can I ask what color it is? I can't really tell because all I see are reflections of the surrounding area :wink:
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Nautical Blue. Thank you.
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Cars looks great guys.

When I started driving 250 miles a day, my detailing ambitions went away
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mantis
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    @mantis It's not stupid, it's letting your trials and experiences determine what's good/better/best; nothing wrong with that no matter what you're doing.
    And I say this with all sincerity, I started seriously considering getting into detailing (well, my version of it, anyway) because of posts I read here, and seeing how much knowledge there is on this forum. Once I started hearing compliments on how good my vehicles looked from people at work, I knew I had found myself a new and worthwhile hobby.

@Dabutcher that truck looks amazing, can I ask what color it is? I can't really tell because all I see are reflections of the surrounding area :wink:
    It's just a figure of speech. I love testing out different things and comparing them to others. I have been doing just that most of my life.

Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    I have been having good luck with Chemical Guys stuff. Maybe when my gallons of their stuff diminishes , I will try some Adams stuff? I will see if I can get any more shine and protection on my 13 year old Tundra?
    Love yours. Dcz3kvln71o3m.jpeg

Chemical guys makes great stuff. I like all of their products I have tried. What I like about them is I can roll over to Wallmart , PepBoys , Auto Zone etc and usually find what I want. Adams' Polishes isn't carried anywhere I know around me so we hav etc order everything. It's fine it comes in days but I like better walking into a store and leaving with what I was after.
    Dan
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Bumping this

Anyone used or seen the new polishes/wax with graphene in them?

Anyone tried one ?

Since most of us have switched to a ceramic wax/polish just curious what Graphene brings to the table.
  • mantis
    Options
    I so far used the Graphene Detail Spray fro Adams Polishes. It's a step ahead of all other Detail sprays I have used. It's excellent.
    I'm at the bottom of my Gallon of CS3. I got one filled bottle and probably can fill it again with what's left. Once that bottle is filled, I'm grabbing a bottle of Graphene CS3 and a Bottle of Graphene Car Wash soap. Then I'm getting the Graphene Spray Coating.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited October 2021
    Options
    zz4681qoh2cm.jpeg
    Here's a pic of some of my mental collection. Which isn't a collection at all, we use it LOL.
    he8mowk5mb58.jpeg
    Dan
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,337
    Options
    I've usually kept my cars polished and waxed, usually with Meguiars products. Recently I tried The Last Coat products (Black Ice and TLC2) and they are super easy to apply and look very good. I've tried them on my wife's 2020 Tiguan and my 2005 Volvo V50 (168K miles). The surface is super slick but I felt that it still lacked depth. A couple months ago I treated my V50 with The Last Coat Black Ice, waited a weak for it to cure (per instructions) and then applied Meguiars Tech Wax, and Carnuba Wax and dang did it look good.
    7buazzu9iy49.jpg
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • mantis
    Options
    skrol wrote: »
    I've usually kept my cars polished and waxed, usually with Meguiars products. Recently I tried The Last Coat products (Black Ice and TLC2) and they are super easy to apply and look very good. I've tried them on my wife's 2020 Tiguan and my 2005 Volvo V50 (168K miles). The surface is super slick but I felt that it still lacked depth. A couple months ago I treated my V50 with The Last Coat Black Ice, waited a weak for it to cure (per instructions) and then applied Meguiars Tech Wax, and Carnuba Wax and dang did it look good.
    7buazzu9iy49.jpg
    It's what makes detailing cars for personal use so fun. There is so much out there to try out. Most products today are vey good from just about everyone.

Dan