Ok, who is down?

My name is Christopher, and its been since 2016, since my last Double Double.

"Here’s How to Ship In-N-Out Across the Country" https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/here-s-how-ship-n-out-across-country?amp

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,931
    Grossest burger!!
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,591
    edited December 2020
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Grossest burger!!

Shut up, you're crazy! :D
    Post edited by CH46E on
  • CH46E
    I need fries with that too. 24 hours old don't scare me!
  • Clipdat
    Might as well just go for broke and get the 100 patty:

100x100_large-4.jpg
  • CH46E
    Come on man! Now I'm hungry at 330 am eastern time.
  • CH46E
    I need those onions, lettuce and tomatoes though.

That does actually look nasty. Hahah :)
  • CH46E
    edited December 2020
    I'll send someone $110.00 to send me overnight, 2 Double Double meals minus the drinks of course. Fresh onions not cooked. No animal style.
  • Clipdat
    Dude just go to Culver's. It's a better burger by far.
  • CH46E
    I've been to a Culver's in Orlando. No better than Mc Ds.

We have a 5 guys that ain't half bad but no In n Out.
  • Clipdat
    Maybe the Culver's in FL suck then. All of the ones I've been to in WI are amazing!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,354
    You can get a recipe online and make them at home...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    You WANT this... (In my best Darth Sideous voice)

sfst0jazm7g9.png
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2020
    I will mail you a gift certificate for Christmas... airfare is on you. I am going there for lunch tomorrow. Happy to send you fresh pictures. >:)

• CH46E
    A$s hat, but ok, I'll take the pics!
  • CH46E
    You can get a recipe online and make them at home...

Do share please?
  • nooshinjohn

• CH46E
    Going to the store tomorrow!
  • CH46E
    I will mail you a gift certificate for Christmas... airfare is on you. I am going there for lunch tomorrow. Happy to send you fresh pictures. >:)

I might take you up on that!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,593
    so... burgers...
    In my college and grad school days, one of our favorite places (when we had the lucre) was a neighborhood bar in nearby Roland Park called Alonso's. Now, the best thing about Alonso's would have been the food (which was outstanding) and the beer selection (which, in the context of those paleolithic days, was exceptional) -- but even THAT was slightly overshadowed by the fact it was right across the street from Soundscape :) So, within footsteps of Soundcape, there was Alonso's, Record and Tape Collector, and Jay's Smoke Shop (cigars and pipes -- tobacco, you know... we're talkin' '70s and '80s here :) ). Not a bad little place to spend a coupla hours.

Alonso's was sort of a neighbord/regional place. It was fairly close to the old B-more stadium (Memorial Stadium) and it was not unusual to see a few Oh-ree-oles in there at the bar quaffing a brew or two when one visited. "Pops" Alonso presided over the place from his stool at the front corner of the bar, near the door, and there were some booths in the back.

Alonso's was famous for its burgers, but also known for excellent crab cakes (Baltimore, hon...) and pizza. Their standard burgers were 1/3 lb of very good beef and were absolutely outstanding.

So -- one day my friend Ron Bond and I were up that way (probably at Soundcape) and we decided to lunch at Alonso's. Ron kept telling me that they had a larger burger, but - skeptic that I am - I was skeptical. So we went in, sat down, and Ron asked the waitress server if they had a bigger burger. "We sure do, hon", said she, and she pointed it out on the menu. It was simply labled Meal in a Basket.

I ordered the regular burger, but Ron (a lean lanky guy, I might add - cross-country runner) went for the gusto. The server asked him how he wanted the burger cooked, and, as was his penchant, Ron said "well done". She looked askance and said: "Are you sure? It's a half-pound -- it's gonna take a while!" :)

We had a leisurely afternoon meal. When I got home that night, Mrs. H (who was still Ms P in those long-ago times) was very perplexed to notice that I wasn't very hungry at dinnertime. :p

ahh, memories...

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    The best of what California has to offer. urmuldvg7iun.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,232
    My issue with In-N-Out is it's just a burger...

No bacon, no jalapenos, no workie for me
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,896
    Whataburger all day long.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Digital cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2 bnc, Tellurium Q aes, Silnote Audio Poseidon Signature 2 bnc
    Puritan PSM156
  • Shake Shack is my fave.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,593
    afterburnt wrote: »
    The best of what California has to offer. urmuldvg7iun.jpg

the only problem, for me, with those is that they look too much like the after picture. :#
  • nooshinjohn
    Fatburger and The Habit are my burgers of choice.
    26urugj1mrro.jpg

xbp6otouo74a.jpg

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,522
    Those are some disgusting looking sandwiches
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • This is the real Tommy’s chili burger.

yz1aymvvca4i.jpeg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    This is the real Tommy’s chili burger.

yz1aymvvca4i.jpeg

You obviously have never been to Tommy's
  • Yep, in Vegas many times, good stuff.