edited November 2020 in Vintage Speakers
q5h5dd884obn.jpeg
pq57vxs2725y.jpeg
0r9y30x786tl.jpeg
zs5vrunttlqa.jpeg
rhkokx7qo7hi.jpeg
nwlq1g6dk97v.jpeg
9dq1iwt7hlt8.jpeg
I have tri-amped by SDA-SRS 2.3 speakers for year. That perform great.
I use 2 mono blocks for L/R low frequencies and a stereo for the highs. Jumpers on the speaker inputs removed. Need to connect an extra negative pending post on each of the mono blocks together to establish a common ground as required by the SDA speakers.
Please don’t comment on the room setup. This sucks and will change. I had to keep these in a box for the past 10 years due to travel. I purchased them new back in 1991. Working on constructing a new 20x25 foot listening room to put them as the final home.

Comments

• engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    Dsaniti wrote: »
    I have tri-amped by SDA-SRS 2.3 speakers for year.  That perform great.

Looks like a nice setup!

Technically, I would call it biamping. You have a stereo amp on the highs and monos on the bass.

But, you're doing it correctly. Assuming those are 565 monos, the 585 is just a stereo version of the 565, so you essentially have the same amp on the top and bottom with identical gain.

Have you tried either the 565s or the 585 by themselves?

On a related note, any capacitor problems in the amps?
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    engie490 is correct, you are passive bi-amping. The reality is to tri-amp you would need 3 separate binding post connections, one for the high, one for the mid and one for the low, but wait there is no bass driver, so you cannot tri-amp.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    Options
    Yup...looks like fun.

By all means, verify the capacitors in those amplifiers. 565s and 585s were made during the years of Capacitor Plague; if you happened to get amps with the faulty caps, there can be significant damage done to the circuit boards. And it was fairly common with those Adcoms.
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Agree ^. Main/driver boards..