SVS 2000 Series Subwoofers on Sale

Options
Milito
Milito Posts: 1,914
edited November 2020 in Speakers
SB-2000 $499.00

PB-2000 $599.00

PC-2000 $749.00
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Sweet deal on the SB-2000 and PB-2000! Especially on the SB-2000. As far as specs go, the low end extension on the sealed box SB-2000 is only 2 dB less than on the PB-2000 (19 Hz vs 17 Hz), and they are smaller and about half the weight. I would recommend the PB-2000 for a mainly home theater system though if they fit.

Link: https://www.svsound.com/collections/2000-series

They are on sale because SVS came out with their 2000 series "Pro" line which is upgraded from the old design.

I already have two of the SB-2000s.

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Sweet deal

I wonder if I could make use of this
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Sound quality aside, just pure SPL shake your eyeballs: PB2000 vs PB3000 vs PB4000 in a 14.5x18 room that is not totally enclosed considering cost as well. Thoughts?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Emlyn
    Options
    I would recommend dual subwoofers always if there's room for two. The PB3000 may be the best cost/performance in that size room. A couple of PB2000 Pros would also be more than decent.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    So dual PB2000 might not meet my expectations in your opinion?

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    I'm eyeing the PB2000...
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    edited November 2020
    Options
    How about a 27x16 room with an open stairwell in the middle (not joking), and looking for good musicality...not HT? TIA

EDIT: WAF only allows for a single sub.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Ok, so the PC-2000 has a downward-firing driver at the bottom of a tall cylinder. Any opinions on that design compared to the front-firing SB or PB -2000 models?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Ok, so the PC-2000 has a downward-firing driver at the bottom of a tall cylinder. Any opinions on that design compared to the front-firing SB or PB -2000 models?

They're good. The cylinder has its own advantages. I've known folks who've made them out of sonotubes. Better for tight spaces.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Just got a ListenUp catalog in the mail. I'm not sure if they're all over the country or just Denver but they're matching the deal and you get to physically pick it up yourself without waiting or risking shipping.

f23ugzzgj03z.jpg

• Nightfall
    edited November 2020
    Options
    What if one were to get a PB2000 now with this deal then add a 3000 down the line? Is there a problem with having two subs that aren't the same model or should the second one later be the same model only?

• pitdogg2
    Options
    Listenup has great stuff. I believe they are mostly Colorado
  • jdjohn
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

They're good. The cylinder has its own advantages. I've known folks who've made them out of sonotubes. Better for tight spaces.
    Well...the SB has the smallest footprint at ~14" square. I wish the crossover went down to 30 or 40Hz instead of bottoming-out at 50Hz. I may give it a try anyway to compare with my Klipsch KSW-10. 12" vs 10" woofer should be significant.
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 328
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Listenup has great stuff. I believe they are mostly Colorado
    Right, Colorado and New Mexico.

• Emlyn
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    What if one were to get a PB2000 now with this deal then add a 3000 down the line? Is there a problem with having two subs that aren't the same model or should the second one later be the same model only?

SVS has deals where they sell two subs of the same model for a discount. In most cases these days, dual subs are set up so they are next to the main speakers so they blend together and spread the bass uniformly across a wide area. There's no absolute right way to do things though. Some people I know have stacked two subs on top of one another in a corner.

Two different subs would of course work depending on placement and how they are set up. They would not be ideal though according to what SVS recommends.

• Nightfall
    Options
    I'll find out tomorrow if a 12" ported is more what I'm looking for in HT and gaming duty vs a 10" sealed servo.

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Sound quality aside, just pure SPL shake your eyeballs: PB2000 vs PB3000 vs PB4000 in a 14.5x18 room that is not totally enclosed considering cost as well. Thoughts?
    The PB-2000 was reviewed to play in large 3000 sq ft rooms. So dual PB-2000's would be the minimum. The larger subs will only make things better!
    How about a 27x16 room with an open stairwell in the middle (not joking), and looking for good musicality...not HT? TIA
    EDIT: WAF only allows for a single sub.
    As Emlyn stated, one could stack two ported 12" subs for a smaller footprint and boosted/coupled output from a single location.
    DSC01906.jpg

However, for 3400-4000 sq ft rooms, and only one sub, go for a high powered ported 13", 13.5", 15", 16",18", sub.

SVS: PB-3000, PB-4000, PC-4000, PB-16
    Monolith by Monoprice 15" - (On Sale)
    HSU: VTF-3 MK5, VTF-15H MK2
    Power Sound Audio: V1512DF, V1512, V1812
    Rythmik Audio: FV15HP, FV18, G25HP
    JTR Speakers Captivator 2400
    Outlaw Audio Ultra-X13
    Seaton Sound Submersive
    Post edited by WLDock on
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Sometimes you just gotta keep going bigger.

up6x1s51vimj.jpg

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,450
    Options
    NOICE!
    Sunfire True Subwoofer Super Junior?!?
    Is that the Hairferatu's Velodyne?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    No and yes.

I just looked that one up and it's close. It's an XTATM265.

• msg
    Options
    Nice, I've always been curious about those general types of Sunfires. I'm a fan of the driver/passive(s) design.

When can we hear your impressions on the PB2?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Rough impressions:

Sunfire: Seriously impressive for a 6.5" driver and 6.5" PR. You would never guess the driver is so small. Downside is even though it's extremely heavy for it's size, it's made out of solid thick aluminum I believe (8.5" x 8.9" x 10" very tiny 32 pounds) it will push itself around on a hard floor which is annoying.

Velodyne: Clean clean clean. Some of the smoothest musical bass I've ever heard. Shines in a 2 channel music setup. Very high quality build and materials, piano finish is gorgeous.

SVS: Significantly more output, volume, SPL, whatever you want to call it compared to the Velodyne. Energizes the room better. Box feels cheaper than either the Sunfire or the Velodyne. Light for it's size. Doesn't touch the Velodyne as far as being clean and musical. Sounds a little more "dirty". Great for video games.

• msg
    Options
    Great quick review, details and comparison, Josh.
    Laughed to the Sunfire pushing itself around, lol
    I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    For comparison, the SVS only weighs as much as two Sunfires and absolutely dwarfs it. A little dark in here I know.

tgcvum8fk7mk.jpg

gmb44bxtl360.jpg

• pitdogg2
    Options
    Nice assortment Josh.
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Happy Black Friday to me. I have a SB-2000 on the way...but, there is a Velodyne DPS-10 listed on CL near me for $150. Anyone have experience with both of these? Not exactly TOTL for either brand, but curious about any thoughts from the group.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    Happy Black Friday to me. I have a SB-2000 on the way...but, there is a Velodyne DPS-10 listed on CL near me for $150. Anyone have experience with both of these? Not exactly TOTL for either brand, but curious about any thoughts from the group.

Nope, very average HT sub at best. Im sure the SVS is a much better sub for two channel...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Nightfall
    Options
    @jdjohn Did you get yours yet?

• jdjohn
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I did, but still dealing with WAF - not only in looks, but also in thumping during testing :# Thus, I am still treading lightly into testing and comparison.

But, the bottom of the range has already made itself known to me, with the Klipsch bottoming-out at 40Hz, and the SVS at 50Hz. However, the musicality (and overall sound) between the two is still in question. Doing an A/B between subs is tough!

EDIT: Ok, here's a quick pic.
    u2htiiayvljs.jpg
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,030
    Options
    Bottoming at 50hz?say wah...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.